Plus-Sized

Shoes - help!

I'm having serious trouble finding a local store that offers wide widths.  Can anyone recommend a chain for me to try, or an online store with a real generous return/exchange policy?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shoes - help!

• Have you tried DSW? Click here (I want to see if that works).

I see a lot of their bridal shoes have wide options available. Also, they offer free exchanges if you order the wrong size. The return policy isn't that great because they charge $8.50 in shipping to return, but if you return them to a store, it's free. I'm used to paying for the return shipping price since I'm plus-sized and most stores don't carry a lot of plus-size options in the stores. $8.50 for a return isn't too bad, but it sure would be nice if it were free.

You could also try Zappos (click here). I've never gotten shoes from there before, but I see on their website that they offer wide shoes. They also have free shipping and free returns, so that's great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi. I found my shoes at amazon.com. I was able to look up only wide width and there were so many options. I also have some shoes now that are too narrow. I am going to get ripped off probably but I am going to try stretch genii to see if I can get them comfortable.

• Thanks!  And yes, dance, your links worked :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've also heard of a stretching trick where you fill a ziploc bag with water and put it in the shoes, and then put them in the freezer. The water turns to ice (obviously), expands, and stretches the shoes just a little bit. Repeat as needed. 

I haven't tried this, but I've heard it works wonders on shoes that are just a little too small. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Nice trick, I'll keep it in mind if I find something close.  Unfortunately, regular width shoes aren't "a little" too small - my feet need wide shoes at least as badly as my body needs plus-sized clothing.  Which is a problem when the only local shoe store that takes wide sizes seriously is an athletic/sporting goods store...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Zappos.com has an awesome return policy (free shipping both ways, as long as the shoes don't look worn they refund you no questions asked).  They're customer service is also top notch -- I noticed a pricing discrepancy between the mobile and full versions of their site after ordering a very expensive pair of shoes and they refunded me the difference after pointing out the error.

Amazon is good with returns too, but they don't give you free return shipping.
  • Endless.com is the best. It is Amazon's shoe website. Free shipping on returns, and just like Amazon, you can read reviews. I've ordered at least 8 to 10 pairs over the last couple years.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I've ordered from shoes.com and they have a great return policy.  You can return up to 60 days as long as they haven't been used an free shipping both ways.  They also have wide and extra wide shoes.  Great customer service and if you sign up for the email specials there is always a deal.  Good luck!
  • I second endless.com.  I ordered 4 pairs of shoes in my first round (all in wide widths and all apparently the wrong size).  After I decided with ones I liked best I ordered 5 more pairs (same styles but different sizes) until I found my perfect fit!  Anything you dont want you just pack back into one of the boxes they sent you (or two if you have multiple orders) and print free return shipping labels from the website.  I dropped it off at the post office and was done!

I wouldn't recommend DSW... we have a local store here where I found nothing in a wide width and the salesperson suggested checking the website.  Tried searching for wide in the bridal section online and got.... NOTHING! Not one pair... needless to say I was a little disappointed.

Oh and shipping from endless was super fast... I got mine in 2-3 business days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards