Plus-Sized
Options

first fitting fears

Hi everyone - I'm having my first fitting very soon. I already did a mini one with my mom and sister but they didn't even try lacing up my corset back. I also didn't try on my long line bra that I bought with my dress. The long line bra is a 46C, I'm usually a 40D. The one at David's Bridal fit me and was a 46C. The long line bra I bought does not fit me, the hooks are inches away! I'm guessing the one I tried on was stretched out. Anyways, I've been out looking for a new long line bra and haven't found one and I don't have time to order one online. Do you think a few bra extenders would work on a long line bra? Or should I go without a bra and have them sew in cups? Anyone have any advice?
180image 113image 67imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: first fitting fears

• Options
    S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012

just buy an extension for the back (it's a long line of the bra latches). Plus, the extensions should be relativly inexpensive, so if you don't like how it feels after trying this easy fix, then turn to your other options. :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    ceh789ceh789 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    I would really encourage you to shop for a long line you can try on before buying.  with busty/PS girls online and mail order is really not a good option for a brand/style you don't already know fits.  Go to a specialty store and pay the extra cost - I promise it's worth it.

Extenders should be ok for a first fitting but I'd try hard to find one that was constructed for the correct size before your final fitting - extenders will not provide the correct support and you want to look and feel your best.

Googling "custom bra fitting Boston" yielded some good links:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I got mine from David's Bridal, the same day I got my dress... Went in a regular bra, and they put me in a 50DD. No searching around, nothing..very easy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you girls....it turns out the bra still fit lol My fiance didn't pull it enough for the hooks to meet, he didn't want to break the bra lol
    180image 113image 67imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_first-fitting-fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:bacc4d25-e9a1-49d8-b8b2-62abe56539fdPost:135f78ce-a800-4fe2-97cc-f18904c1afe1">Re: first fitting fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you girls....it turns out the bra still fit lol My fiance didn't pull it enough for the hooks to meet, he didn't want to break the bra lol
    Posted by dawle77[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL.  Silly boys...they have know idea what's like to be a girl!!</div><div>
    </div><div>Glad it fits!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards