Plus-Sized

What A let down today...I got wedding scammed!

Today I received a call from what they called themselves GLOBAL LIFESTYLES they told me I won 3 prizes from signing up with a website or signed up at a Bridal show and I was picked for the Grand Prize!! I was crying with tears of happIness! They said I won 2 free wedding bands or I could have a 2 night 3 day stay anywhere in the US..also $1000 worth of my choice of grocery giftcards and a 50% off coupon book for traveling, entertainment, and resturants! ALL I had to do was come to this cooking demostration with my FI and bring ID to show that we were who they called..and sit through this cooking show that lasts 90min. I said SURE! They said also to leave our money at home that we were not pressured  to buy anything!!! After crying cuz I was soo excited and telling my FI and Future Sister In Law...We got to thinking this is a big SCAM! So I got online and found stories of people getting called and finding out that even if we went to this demostration and even if we didnt buy anything we could still get the "FREE" prizes with shipping and Handling PLUS taxes and a deposit for a hotel they picked for us. So unfortunitly it was a huge let down..and im glad I didnt waste my time! If you have to put money into something that was given to you as a free prize is a scam..So disappointing..oh well we live and learn!

I just wanted to let you girls know....beware of -GLOBAL LIFESTYLES-
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards