Plus-Sized

INLAW DRAMA!

Hey everyone! First off Im super excited about this new board!!

Soo..Ive been with my FI for 7 years and has had problems (just minor) with the In-laws over dumb things like "why dont you ride a harley motorcycle like us" etc. well first off im not a little tiny 100Ibs woman like all of you harley riders! Im a 300Ibs woman that likes to feel safe in a car! (lol)...

Since My FI and I have gotten engaged his mother is sooo concerned about how much Ive spent on the wedding so far and if we are going to have a big fancy wedding spending tons of $. NO WE ARE NOT HAVING A FANCY WEDDING! and Honestly I dont think she needs to know how much I spend on flowers and such! Unless she wants to offer (which she has but rolls her eyes) to help in the wedding planning then maybe I wouldnt be so upet with this subject. She has Already said what kind of dress she thinks I need to get for my figure. (My FI's side of the family are all VERY skinny) As for my family ...well "HEY HEY HEY!" (fat albert) She told my FI today that this wedding is already costing her TOO MUCH money...but in reality she hasnt payed for anything yet!! the only thing she is in charge of is the Rehersal dinner and she knows this already! We are having a bon fire and cook out so....WHATEVER! I could go on forever...but I wont do that! lol  I just needed to vent! Im just so upset and in tears everytime the subject of "wedding" comes up with his family.

Am I really blowing this out of porportion? I am in LOVE with my best friend and I Want to get married to him and grow old with him in our rocking chairs! lol But I get so upset with his family I seem to blow up on him..and I know he gets hurt.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards