Plus-Sized

Annoyed with my Dr.

So I just got back from a lunch time dr appt with my endocronologist. I am def.switching drs. I think hes pretty rude to begin with. He is the only one that actually found my issues with my thryoid but still.

He bascially looked at me and goes "you only lost 10 lbs since you were last here" I looked at him, I was last there 3 months ago.
He said he would have preferred I lost about 25 lbs, and he thinks its doable.

Then he said "do you want to die?" I was really upset. I feel like, I am not on scare tactics.
Then he told me that he thought that gastric bypass ismy only option at this point.
I think thats ridiculous. I explained to him that up until 2010 i was only 10-15 bs overweight and within a year and a half i gained 80 lbs.
I told him i was concerned about this. That i had such a rapid weight gain.

I feel like if i had been obese my entire life and nothing was tried/working gastric would be a last resort. I can't imagine that gastic seems to be his FIRST option. Hello, what about meeting a nutritionist. What about a medicial weight loss center. What about putting me on a weight loss pill like Xenical.
What about wiating like 6-9 months to see how much more weight i lose.

I mean, I have really been watching what i eat/working out a lot. I am overall, besides my thryoid issue, in good health.

I guess i am just in SHOCK that a Dr would recommend a huge surgery to a patient he has known for 3 months and knows that my weight gain was sudden and its not my typical weight.

I;m sorry to vent again today, I'm just so upset.
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Annoyed with my Dr.

• I kind of lost track of this post after things got busy the other day, but I just wanted to come back and say thanks for the support.
    I called hte office and told them I was going to be swithcing. I am in the process of looking for a new DR.

I can't believe that the DR. suggested that at my FIRST and SECOND appt with him ever.

We actually just hired a new person at my office an she used to see teh same Dr. And said that she found him to be horribly rude- and she suggested a nice, female endocronologist that she's been seeing for a few years now- that she said has been wonderful, supportivem and best of all helpful.

Will keep you all updated :)
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards