Plus-Sized
Options

Dilemma....

I'm in need of some advice from people I'm not related to....

I invited my cousin and her husband to the wedding - purposely addressed it Mr & Mrs and did not include her daughter on the invite. She responded Mrs and daughter - no husband. Problem is we're not having kids at the wedding - except for our flower girl and ring bearer (they are my fiance's niece and nephew) - my cousin's daughter is 1 1/2 and was not included on the invitation! I'm not sure how to approach this because I don't want to cause trouble between my dad and my aunt, but at the same time I invited her and her husband, not the baby. We purposely didn't invite kids. 

Any advice?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dilemma....

• Options
    In Response to Re:Dilemma....:[QUOTE]I'm in need of some advice from people I'm not related to....I invited my cousin and her husband to the wedding purposely addressed it Mr amp; Mrs and did not include her daughter on the invite. She responded Mrs and daughter no husband. Problem is we're not having kids at the wedding except for our flower girl and ring bearer they are my fiance's niece and nephew my cousin's daughter is 1 1/2 and was not included on the invitation! I'm not sure how to approach this because I don't want to cause trouble between my dad and my aunt, but at the same time I invited her and her husband, not the baby. We purposely didn't invite kids.nbsp;Any advice?Thanks! Posted by Devilzangel609[/QUOTE]

Call her and say "I'm sorry for the confusion. The invite was for you and your husband. I hope you'll still be able to make it. "

You could also allow her an adult guest in her husband's place if he can't make it, if you are feeling generous.
  • Options
    Personally, I'd send out an e-mail stating rules for the wedding.

Hi, We  OR ___Instert your husbands and yours names here___ have been getting a lot of questions from people, and wanted to make sure anyone else with these questions had answers as well:

No, shorts are not appropriate attire for the wedding.
    Yes you may bring your gifts tot he reception
    No, we will not be having babysitting services so please no children.
    Please, if you are going to drink, be prepared to lose your keys

Thanks so much, can't wait to see you all soon, Love (The Happy Couple)

Thats pretty much what im writing my guests, with the exception of the kids rule. 

Nic.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:f769f53b-49e6-4cc7-9a62-bcf9ee71166bPost:5e7aab9d-0826-4ebd-bc23-e0d962362ae4">Re: Dilemma....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I'd send out an e-mail stating rules for the wedding. Hi, We  OR ___Instert your husbands and yours names here___ have been getting a lot of questions from people, and wanted to make sure anyone else with these questions had answers as well: No, shorts are not appropriate attire for the wedding. Yes you may bring your gifts tot he reception No, we will not be having babysitting services so please no children. Please, if you are going to drink, be prepared to lose your keys Thanks so much, can't wait to see you all soon, Love (The Happy Couple) Thats pretty much what im writing my guests, with the exception of the kids rule.  Nic.
    Posted by Namaazzanami[/QUOTE]

Please don't do this.  It is super rude and really patronizing to your guests.  Your guests can dress themselves; they should be capable of determining if they can drive after two beers or not, and you should never EVER mention gifts unless explicitly asked.

OP - call up your aunt.  Tell her you're sorry your uncle can't make it but unfortunately you won't be having any children at the wedding.  if she says she won't come without her daughter let her know she'll be missed and you'll mark her down as a 'no'
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:f769f53b-49e6-4cc7-9a62-bcf9ee71166bPost:5e7aab9d-0826-4ebd-bc23-e0d962362ae4">Re: Dilemma....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I'd send out an e-mail stating rules for the wedding. Hi, We  OR ___Instert your husbands and yours names here___ have been getting a lot of questions from people, and wanted to make sure anyone else with these questions had answers as well: No, shorts are not appropriate attire for the wedding. Yes you may bring your gifts tot he reception No, we will not be having babysitting services so please no children. Please, if you are going to drink, be prepared to lose your keys Thanks so much, can't wait to see you all soon, Love (The Happy Couple) Thats pretty much what im writing my guests, with the exception of the kids rule.  Nic.
    Posted by Namaazzanami[/QUOTE]

Please don't send this to your guests.  If I received this, I'd be offended.  I know proper etiquette for a wedding and if you're going to give me rules, I might just end up breaking them on purpose to piss you off.   Your guests are adults, not babies.

OP - Just call up the guest and tell them the invite was for her and her husband and that you are not having children at the wedding.  As PP mentioned, perhaps you can extend the invite to another adult.  
  • Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re:Dilemma....:Personally, I'd send out an email stating rules for the wedding.Hi, We nbsp;OR ___Instert your husbands and yours names here___ have been getting a lot of questions from people, and wanted to make sure anyone else with these questions had answers as well:No, shorts are not appropriate attire for the wedding.Yes you may bring your gifts tot he receptionNo, we will not be having babysitting services so please no children.Please, if you are going to drink, be prepared to lose your keysThanks so much, can't wait to see you all soon, Love The Happy CoupleThats pretty much what im writing my guests, with the exception of the kids rule.nbsp;Nic. Posted by Namaazzanami Ugh. This is horrible advice that is incredibly rude. Your guests are not props or children that need directions. I hope no one takes this bad advice, and I hope you don't plan on doing it either.
  • Options
    I know its not a fun phone call to make but you must call your aunt and uncle and tell them that while you love their daughter, children are not invited to the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards