Plus-Sized

wedding planning regrets

Am I alone on this one? I have 29 days left and I am having second thoughts on everything I've planned. I hate my dress, centerpieces, everything. Only things I am still satisfied with are my church, reception venue and fiance. : help me! I am freaking out.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding planning regrets

• I have a month and a half I feel the same way!!! I know i have time to change things if i want, but i think that will raise the stress levels a little to much for me.
  • Same boat - just shy of two months, and going bonkers with "Well maybe I should have"....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker I feel like I'm counting down the minutes until I marry my best friend
  • Deep breaths. You'll be fine. Think about why it is that you're having these thoughts. Are you comparing your wedding to other peoples? Things you keep seeing online? Are you having second thoughts about finances? Find someone- a friend who isn't totally sick of talking wedding with you- and tell them your fears. Let it all out, and then you will feel better. Spend one entire day with NO WEDDING PLANNING. It'll pass. You'll be fine. And then, when you panic again, just remember, the only thing that really matters is that at the end of the day, you'll be married to the man you love. The wedding is a party, nothing more. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • All this. I am hating so much! I now hate our centetpieces. I hate my dress so mom is altering it next week. I hate our tablecloths. wedding is in 5 weeks, so I'm stuck. Hmph. Oh well.
    -First came baby, Then came love, Now here comes marraige in the marriage carriage??-
  • I'm SO far from this point in my wedding planning (I have about a year and a half to go), but I've had many friends express this same feeling!  They all began second guessing their choices about a month or two before the wedding.

I'm sure whatever you decided on will end up being perfect for your big day!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am just telling myself when it comes time for the big day I will not notice the little details :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_wedding-planning-regrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:fc3f791c-0b51-4de4-b97d-f1e69cce3d93Post:7339f5ac-4e87-4c2d-a3f3-92f9291799b8">wedding planning regrets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I alone on this one? I have 29 days left and I am having second thoughts on everything I've planned. I hate my dress, centerpieces, everything. Only things I am still satisfied with are my church, reception venue and fiance. : help me! I am freaking out.
    Posted by LeesaxJune[/QUOTE]

What don't you like about your dress and centerpieces?  I imagine you loved it at some point, else you wouldn't have chosen it. 
  • I wonder if this is our version of guys getting "cold feet"?  LOL.

I am also second guessing my dress.  I bought it back in April and its being stored at my brother's house.  I have a couple pics that my sister took of me the day I bought it and I look miserable and that's what I keep picturing in my mind.  I did a mock setup of my centerpieces on Friday and now I don't like them either but FI says they're very nice.

At this point, I am not changing anything...I just have to accept what I chose.  I'm sure it's my nerves getting the better of me.  *sigh*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kimberly0402Kimberly0402 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    My husband and I are 30 days POST wedding and let me tell you.....We fought 2-3 times a day, couldn't stand each other, hated everything about our wedding didn't want to talk about the wedding to anyone, etc etc. On the day of our wedding, everything was perfect and we had THE time of our lives. Know that you will love him again and that it'll be the wedding of your dreams! Congrats and good luck!

I also couldn't even stand to look at theknot.com or watch any wedding related TV shows. It was horrible. It'll get better. Promise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards