Maine

How much should I expect to pay for flowers?

Hi everyone!
I have gotten venue, music, and photography out of the way, now I am starting to think about flowers. I was wondering if anyone could help me decide how much I should expect to spend? I have me and 4 bridesmaids, and then I also need centerpieces for 16 tables. Obviously it's different for everyone, I was just hoping to get a ball-park. It could be $100 or it could be $1,000! I have no idea.

Also, any recommendations on florists? I am in the Portland area, but could travel.

Re: How much should I expect to pay for flowers?

• edited December 2011
    ohh I need that info too! Totally clueless.. Me & 5 Bridesmaids.. Probably not doing floral center pieces though.. also in the Portland area ;)
  • edited December 2011
    I live in the Waterville area and we spent around $1300.  We have my bouquet + 3 BM bouquets, toss bouquet, 9 bouts, 2 arrangements for altar at church and centerpiece for unity candle and then they will be used at reception, 2 pew bows and 6 corsages for moms, grandmas and readers and vocalist and everything will be made with roses.  HTH!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting my flowers in the Rumford area, and my quote was around $500.  That was for bridal bouquet, 6 BM bouquets, 6 bouts, 4 corsages, and a centerpiece for the head table.  I'm using sunflowers, so the BM bouquets are pretty small, just 3 sunflowers, and some berries. 
    HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I paid about $420 for my bouquet, five bridesmaid bouquets, two wrist corsages for the moms and five bouts for the guys. My florist was in Raymond; I think you'll pay more in larger areas. It really depends on what flowers you're using and how many.

You can see pics in my married bio.

The only thing about going far from where the wedding is is that you'll end up paying delivery fees that could end up making a cost-savings by going to another florist not worth it. Just something to keep in mind.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got a couple of quotes - one from Dodge the Florist for almost $1000 to do my bouquet, 3 BMs, 5 bouts, 4 coursages, 2 alter arrangements, and tossing bouquet.  That seemed steep, so I asked around and was referred to Lyndsey Loring Design in Dover, NH.  I'm getting everything that Dodge was going to give me (only 1 alter arragement, though) PLUS centerpieces for 8 tables, flowers for pews (10 of them), and flowers for my cake, all delivered to Portland for $900+!  I was amazed!  It really helps to look around.
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • aallen54321aallen54321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im having 6 bridesmaids and 6 groomsmen and a flower girl. for all their flowers, my bouquet, and 10 centerpieces i'm paying 940, and that includes the delivery. i went through harmon and barton in Portland.
  • kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!
  • meganyanimeganyani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We havent chosen reception table flowers yet BUT my bouquet is $90. We each have 3 attendents, plus some bouts and corsages for parents, and FI's daughter's mini bouquet. All of that plus delivery is $400. I imagine reception flowers will add 100-200 more but that's it. I am near Bangor.
  • budvar1012budvar1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just used Sam's Club--I paid about $300 for 250 roses, 150 carnations, some hydrangeas. We made our own cnterpieces and bouquets. Here's one photo below:

and one of my bouquet:

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA. Lois, this is not my Batman glass."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards