Maine

LOOKING FOR BRIDES WHO GOT MARRIED, WILL BE GETTING MARRIED OR HAVE BEEN TO A WEDDING AT FORT WILLIA

Hi everyone!

I am getting married at fort williams state park in August. I am wondering if anyone has an suggestions for what we should do for decorations... the venue has these ugly blue pilers, and our colors are Pink and Orange. My MOH and I went up today to see how they would look with Tulle around them... the answer is not good. the blue just shows through the tulle. I dont know what to do!
thank you!

Re: LOOKING FOR BRIDES WHO GOT MARRIED, WILL BE GETTING MARRIED OR HAVE BEEN TO A WEDDING AT FORT WILLIA

• I tried to tulle thing too - it looked AWFUL!

I ended up making some tissue paper pomanders and bought some paper lanterns and hung them from the beams.  As for the vertical ones...I did nothing.  I spent a few hours up there one day with a friend trying to figure out something, and I pretty much gave up because I didn't want to spend any more money on something I would need for 20 minutes.

One idea we had, but I just didn't want to spend the money for, was to wrap the pillars in lights.  It's not going to hide them, but it will dress them up.

I will post some pictures after I eat dinner!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You can see the decorations in the background...

Like I said, I decided to not put too much effort into the decorations for the space.  The view totally made up for the ugly blue beams!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love it. I had no idea that you got married at the light house!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards