Maine

How much is too much?

I'm currently searching for a DJ with uplighting. For 5 hours of music, uplighting and a projector he priced it at $2,200.. I've done some research but it's hard to find the prices online. How much is too much to pay for these services?

Re: How much is too much?

• edited August 2012
    I'm currently searching for a DJ with uplighting. For 5 hours of music, uplighting and a projector he priced it at $2,200.. I've done some research but it's hard to find the prices online. How much is too much to pay for these services?
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Hi - these prices vary greatly by region so it's best to ask your local wedding board.  I'm going to go ahead and move this post there.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Is your wedding in the metro detroit are? If so contact us at mrsimsdjservicesyahoo.com. i personally have 15 yrs experience in weddings with about 1000 weddings under my belt, ty. Robbie
  • What part of Maine are you getting married in?  I'm from central Maine and DJs (and mos things) are cheaper here than they are in Southern or Coastal Maine.
  • Our DJ is for 6 hours and has uplighting and an advanced lighting system for the dance floor- he is charging us $895- I personally think 2200 is WAY to much.
  • Hi there! I'm in Portland, and I think we're going with a band, but I know many dj's who don't charge nearly that much for the same, if not more, services. I would look around more, or maybe some women on here could give suggestions for the DJ's they've used. I would say you're getting ripped off. The bands we've looked at are WAY less than 2,200, if that says anything. Goodluck!
  • Have you checked out DJ Jazz?  His real name is Jerry Bazatta.  I saw him at a wedding show and he had all kinds of lighting and seemed like a lot of fun.  He's in Ogunquit if you want to contact him. Good luck.
  • We are going with DJ Pat Daniels and he quoted us $1,000 for 5 hours for him to be the DJ. He runs his own company and any other DJ would be slightly cheaper for the same amount of time. $2,200 is WAY too much for a DJ. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards