Maine
Options

Need to Vent (long)

Okay so this wedding planning thing has been going rather smoothly for me until the last few weeks or so...My Wedding is July 25th and my bridesmaids dress still have not come in. I am livid right now because I feel like I have been getting the run-around.I ordered my gown from Fabulous Formals and had great luck. Came in like 3 weeks earlier then they told me it would actually. I was very impressed by this. When it came time to order my bridesmaids dresses I figured I would just get them there too.I ordered the dresses March 14h. They told me 8-12 weeks which would have been mid June or so. They called mid April to confirm the order (this is when I think they were actually ordered but that's not what the store is saying) and said they would be here on the July 3rd. I called 2 weeks ago to make sure everything was on track because July 3rd still felt very last to me and I was told they shipped on June 19th so they should be here any day.I called on Friday and still the dresses were not in. Apparently they stopped all shipments last week because the owner was on vacation....WHO DOES THAT??? It's not like the store closed for the week. Anyway, I called this morning to see if they were in and was told that they would be here in 5-7 days, NEXT WEEK. That leaves me one week for alterations.The dress shop is over an hour away from all of us so it's not like it's convenient to just swing by and pick them up. I would like to pick them up and have them altered somewhere else but I feel like we should be compensated in some way for this. Would it be right to insist that we are taking them somewhere else and sending them the bill for the alterations? I am so not this kind of person but I know they screwed this up big time and quite frankly I don't trust them anymore. I feel like I have been lied to this entire time.....Sorry this was so long but what would you do?Thanks

Re: Need to Vent (long)

• Options
    Danielle1106Danielle1106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this might be a bit late... but I went with FF for my dress, as well as my BM and FG dresses, and all of the tuxes. I dealt with them over 7 months so I'll try to make this short... Super helpful when I was there for a winter sale & got a my dress for 1/2 price off the rack & "ordered" a peticoat and veil to come in for my 1st fitting. I brought all 3 of my completely different shape and size BM and 1 JrBM and found the perfect dress to flatter all of them. Fast forward to the men getting fitted for tuxes... everything went fine and 7 of the exact same tuxes total were ordered in different sizes. My 1st fitting: seamstress was just awesome... but no peticoat was to be found & I got blamed for not ordering it... 2nd fitting: BM dresses hadn't come in yet... and neither had my peticoat that "I forgot to order" for the 2nd time. I showed up early but got to wait for girls trying on prom dresses before I could be fit into their schedule. In the meantime 2 BM decided to go elsewhere for fittings and my 3rd was treated like she was a hastle for being there. (My peticoat came in 4 days before my wedding in time for my last fitting) And then there were the tuxes... I'll skip all the in-between, but there ended up being 3 different styles of tuxes (only 2/7 of the ones that were ordered) one was ordered 3 sizes too small and a replacement came in the morning of our wedding, and the one for our groomsman that couldn't make it down until the day of our wedding had pants that were at least 8in. too short (& had to be worn anyway). I could have done without the snotty attitudes and being blamed for not ordering something I asked to be ordered 3 times... not to mention the huge mess with the tuxes. I will not recomend FF to anyone. It's not worth it for an already busy bride to have to stress about the dress shop messing up and passing the blame onto her. I will say though, that the seamstress was always polite and helpful, and downright awesome. She would be the only one we dealt with that didn't mess up and did a little extra work on bows, etc. I would recommend her for outside work, but I definitely would not give my business to their shop again. I hope everything went well for you... I'm curious if I'm the only one that had these issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards