Maine
Options

Photographer: Check!

Just booked Clare Norton for our photographer! FI and I met with her and just loved her (of course, we weren't surprised, after the reviews she's gotten here). I'm so excited! And so glad to have that checked off!For those still looking for a photographer, her website is www.snapshotsbyclare.com. She's very friendly, great work and reasonably priced ($1500). She said she's booking up fast for next year, so definitely check her out soon!We're doing an engagement session too. We are thinking of doing it down at Land's End in Harpswell, since it's a meaningful spot for us and so pretty since it's right on the ocean. For those who've done them: any tips?Where to do it, what to wear, when to do it?
Anniversary

Re: Photographer: Check!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad, and totally jealous, that you got Clare!  Nice work! We haven't done our engagement session yet, our photographer told us to wait until the end of the summer to do ours, so I don't have any advice on that. 
  • Options
    Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Super jealous! I tried to get her for October of next year and she was already booked. My FI's sister is getting married next June & she was able to book her. She does great work-- I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on booking Clare! She's really fantastic! As far as where, when, and what to wear, my photographer said late afternoon, close to sunset gives the best light. Obviously do them in a pretty spot or at least one that is visually interesting, my photographer offers shoots in the Old Port, on any beach in the area or some pretty "wilderness" type spots in the woods or fields, etc. I've heard dark colors are best to wear for engagement shoots, and I definitely wish I'd worn darker jeans. My shoot was on the beach and I wore super casual jeans that I rolled up into capris and I didn't realize how much they hang off my butt until I saw it in pictures. Bring a few options that your photographer can choose from. I wish I'd brought a dress and maybe really dark, snug fitting jeans and a black top.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Her work is great!  You're going to have some amazing pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! We booked Clare also for our wedding!! We meet with her on Sunday, she is so sweet over the phone and has been really accommodating. HEr work is beautiful and I cant wait =) Congrats again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    angeliza: Thanks for the tips! I'll remember dark colors (they're slimming anyways!) and bring a few outfits.autumnmarie: We're photog buddies! She is very nice in person too. Are you doing an engagement session too? I can't remember...where are you getting married?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just emailed Clare about next July... here's hoping she's still available!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mallorijoemallorijoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using her too, and LOVE her!  She's also done/doing 3 other friend's weddings and the pics came out amazing!
  • Options
    Gina MaeGina Mae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I met with her last wed and we are contacting her to book her also, I loved meeting with her and her work is AWESOME!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am still looking for a photographer for next year. Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards