Maine
Options

Ocean front private homes for reception?

I'm looking to get married in Southern Maine on the water (Kennebunkport, York, Ogunquit, etc) and want to rent a private home for the reception.  I've seen this done a few times on Nantucket, but never in Maine.  Does anyone know any website, realtors, or have other ideas how I can locate people willing to rent their homes for a wedding (and need to be willing to have a tent on their lawn!). 

Re: Ocean front private homes for reception?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are not many homes that are available to rent out for weddings. I think there is one in Oqunquit (can't remember the name) but a lot of owners are not interested in renting out for an event b/c of the insurance costs associated with having an event on the property. GL
    image The way life should be-
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Believe it or not, I found one!  I don't think we are actually going to do it now, but there is one in OOB that I could give you the name of if you shoot me an email (bethany.asquith@umit.maine.edu).  Also, I found several on Bailey's Island.  Just go to Cyber Rentals and there are a bunch.  One place rents their lawn for weddings for about $1000, or you can rent a house and do that too.  I think I emailed 100 people to ask about their properties, and the pickings were slim, but I'll give you what I've got!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried this route when I first started looking for wedding venues. I also found a few in OOB and Georgetown that were willing and a *gorgeous* place on Mount Desert Island where the woman was so excited that I asked, she said all her children had gotten married there and would be honored to let me host my wedding at her home. I ended up picking a lakefront home instead for cost reasons. The website I used was www.vacationrentals.com.
  • Options
    optimizeroptimizer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any in Maine but I "Optimize" weddings  in Woods Hole, Falmouth MA . At an amazing home on the water ~with a Private beach. They do allow tents. It's amazing! www.vrbo.com/267615 
    Check it out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards