Maine

Ugh, makeup?

Ok, I've been putting this off because it's so overwhelming to me...I need options for makeup...  my first issue is budget, I cannot justify what most places charge ($85, why???), and even more restricting is that I'm having a Sunday wedding...Are their any affordable options in the Greater Portland area?  Please, please, please help me... 

Re: Ugh, makeup?

• edited December 2011
    Cherry Pie Salon is doing my makeup. The normal makeup application fee is $50, but they have wedding packages available (I'm not sure what they are, though, as I'm only paying for my makeup to be done).They're available for Sunday weddings (they're doing my Sunday wedding hair and make-up)...I don't know if that's in your budget, but it's an option.
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    The make up shop in South Portland does an amazing job. They will either come to you, or you can go to them. Having a Sunday Wedding may be tougher on the budget b/c most have the day off. You could also try the MAC counter at the mall.
    image The way life should be-
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend that did my make-up and all of my bridesmaids and she did an awesome job. She has done a few weddings now. If you would like me to put the two of you in touch just let me know.
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you already picked someone to style your hair? If not Running with scissors from Bridgton Travel for I thin 200 bucks. I divided that among the girls getting their hair done (8 of them total) so everyones updos cost 54 dollars. Mine was 55. They will apply make up for five dollars but you have to have your own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards