Maine

tips for trying on bridesmaids dresses?

Hey ladies!I am going with my three bridesmaids and MOH this weekend to have them try on bridesmaids dresses. My MOH and I have already gone once to narrow down some choices, and we picked out a few different dresses in the same color and fabric that I think will go well together. But of course if the girls really don't like those, we'll find something else -- I'm pretty flexible at this point.But since there will be four girls trying things on, I'm a bit worried of things getting a little crazy. Any tips or advice on keeping it from getting insane, but also making sure everyone finds something they are happy with -- and that at least coordinates? Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: tips for trying on bridesmaids dresses?

• edited December 2011
    When I went with my bridesmaids I let them choose any dress they liked that was tea length. They were shopping for black dresses so making sure the color matched really wasn't an issue for us. All of my bridesmaids tried on dresses at the same time and basically picked the one they felt most comfortable in. May I ask where you will be going to shop? One thing I would say is make sure they all shop the same designer so the color is consistant. My girls wore dresses of different fabrics and I thought it looked fine, but thats just my opinion. I don't know if any of this helped....but good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to David's Bridal. I picked 4 dresses in the same fabric because I thought they matched better than mixing fabrics, plus the color looks slightly different in different fabrics. But there are some different styles -- strapless, with straps -- so hopefully they will all like one of them.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got so frustrated with the bridesmaid dress search that I gave up. I told them to all just buy whatever chocolate brown dress they want. I've seen a lot of weddings where similar things have been done and I love it because it means all the girls get a dress they really love and look good in. On the plus side, David's is really fabulous about finding dresses that coordinate well but aren't exactly the same. For my cousins wedding that I'm a bridesmaid in next month, we're all wearing different long satin dresses from David's, 2 of us are in wild orchid (basically a lavender color) and 2 are in lapis (a gorgeous royal purple) and it looks gorgeous together. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards