Maine
Options

cake tasting rave

I just met with Vicki of Coastal Cakes for a cake tasting yesterday, and while we still have to meet with one more person that we made an appointment with before, we can't imagine anything better than what she does! She baked two mini cakes for us to taste, and the blueberry buttermilk cake with wild maine blueberry filling and lemon filling with lemon buttercreme icing was the most amazing thing I've ever tasted and so different from normal cakes! So very "maine" in taste. It was also deliciously moist and not overly tooth-achy sweet like some can be. She quoted us $500 for a 4 tiered cake to feed 150 people in the above flavor with buttercream icing (she can make hers as smooth as fondant), some fondant decoration (I didnt want the whole thing in fondant), a beautiful fondant basket filled with real blueberries as a cake topper, and fresh blueberries for decoration, delivery included. That's $200 less than another popular baker was charging me for basically the same thing. I'm in heaven - I never thought I could get my dream cake for my budget, and figured I'd have to settle for one I liked less. She never freezes her cakes, only takes on a max of two per wedding weekend, and is great to work with. I highly recommend her for those looking for a fabulous cake for $500 and under!

Re: cake tasting rave

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards