Maine

DJ meeting...

I am at the point where I need to meet with my DJ to get things settled for the reception.  I just contacted him this morning to try to nail down a time to meet with him, and he's suddenly very busy, and at times that seem strange for a DJ to be so busy - Tuesday evening?...  whatever.  I'm trying not to freak out.  :)So, I'm looking for any forms or resources to get myself as ready as possible when he can find the time to meet with us.  Does anyone have anything to share?

Re: DJ meeting...

• edited December 2011
    We havent met with our DJ and wont until the wedding.  We've done it all through email and over the phone.  I wouldnt sweat it, there isnt really much that you have to tell them..
  • edited December 2011
    I disagree with pp-- there are things you could and should do to prepare you and your DJ for your wedding.I would write down all the songs you want for your important moments (dances, cake-cutting, your processional/recessional if he's also dj-ing your ceremony) and also songs you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT played. You should also write down your basic timeline and/or things to include in the reception (generations dance, garter and bouquet toss, etc.). As well, I'd make it clear what tone you want for your ceremony-- light-hearted? More dignified? You don't want a DJ over-involved (I've been to some weddings where the DJ took over the reception and he's was totally smarmy and basically turned it into a Las Vegas lounge act-- the bride was TICKED OFF, to say the least!)...Anywho, that's what I would recommend. Hope that helps.Good luck!
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • MaineMayBrideMaineMayBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would make sure you meet him in person. Fill out a contract, etc.  I met a gentlemen who would not offer a single reference or fill out a contract with me. He was however very insistant on getting his 100.00 deposit. I crossed his name off my list VERY quickly. If this DJ cannot find time in his busy schuedule to meet you, look elsewhere. There are lots of ladies on here with positive dj experiences who can help you find someone who CAN take the time to meet you!
  • edited December 2011
    I've already booked him, signed a contract with him and sent in my deposit. Right now, it's just a matter of our schedules not matching up.I'm just looking for something to guide me through the planning process, now that it's crunch time.  When I was shopping around for DJ's I remember finding a bunch of planner-type worksheets, but now that I NEED one, I can't seem to find anything good.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
        Wedding+Reception Worksheet Ceremony Details Prelude Music music for prelude: Seating of Mother song to play: BridesMaids Entrance song to play: Bride's Entrance song to play: Candle-Lighting song to play: Ring Exchange song to play: Recessional - Couple song to play: Recessional - Family song to play: Other Wedding Party Introductions Names of: parents of bride & groom, wedding ushers, bridesmaids, groomsmen, anyone else you want introductedReception Details Cocktail Music Grand Entrance Couple Entrance Blessing Instructions ---> Toast Instructions Centerpiece Giveaway Dinner Music Cake Cutting Bouquet Toss  Garter Toss  Special Dances First Dance Song Song title: Wedding Party Dance Song title: Father/Daughter Song Song title: Mother/Son Song Song title: Last Dance Song title:        
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry this is a bit hard to read. I couldn't copy it the way I wanted to. But this is what my DJ & I used for a guide for the wedding day.
  • edited December 2011
    You could try this website for a planner too: [url]http://www.gsmgroup.com/musico/weddings/wedding%20planner.htm[/url] Maybe it will help you get organized!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We didnt meet him and it has all worked out fine.  if they are professional and experienced, they know the questions they need answered.  For us it has worked out just fine not meeting up with him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards