Maine

What's your favor?

Hey everyone!I think favors are one of the funnest decisions to make, but there are so many good ideas, it's almost overwhelming. What is everyone doing for favors? What's the best way to do them without spending a fortune?Share your ideas and inspirations!
Anniversary

Re: What's your favor?

• edited December 2011
    We're just doing chocolates with our monogram on them.  We bought labels from The Knot's wedding shop and will just stick them on Hershey's miniatures.  They're not the most creative favor, but they're inexpensive and very easy and who doesn't love chocolate.
    Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • Krissie117Krissie117 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In true Maine fashion, we're doing whoopie pies! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is next October, so I'm hoping to do some regular and pumpkin whoopie pies. They're my favorite.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Rome, ME on Great Pond. Across the pond from my reception venue is Belgrade Lakes Village and there is a store there that is very well known and popular called Day's Store. They make THE BEST homemade donuts that I've ever had. We're getting some pretty cellophane bags and making some stickers with our names and wedding date on them, then buying donuts the day of the wedding and putting them in the bags and putting one at each place setting.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing votive candles with a lable on it with our name and the date.. possibly chocolates as well but not sure yet.
  • edited December 2011
    We did dark mint chocolates in pretty bags.  We didn't splurge on fancy shapes which saved us some money.  The chocolates were vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free which was helpful for our crowd of foodies with all sorts of diet restrictions! 
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far all I know for sure is that I want to include an origami butterfly. We're using butterflies as kind of a theme & I thought it would be a cute little favor to mix with something else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In my experience, if it's not edible, it will go to waste.  We weren't going to do anything, but when my mom heard that she was upset.  This is something she can really help do (as far as projects go), so we're doing "a bunch of kisses from the Mr & Mrs"  - a small bunch of various red and silver Hershey's kisses, which I bought after Valentine's Day on a huge sale!
  • edited December 2011
    Mmm they all sound yummy! I've seen some really cute votives, but also want to do something edible. We're big camping people, so we're kind of doing an outdoorsy theme, and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the favors into that. I've seen some really cute chocolate rocks I might use in some way!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think chocolate rocks would be awesome! Where did you find them?
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen them at different candy stores, like the Old Port Candy Co. Not sure if I can buy them in bulk at those places or not. They really do look like rocks though!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing plantable wedding favorswww.botanicalpaperworks.comI think they are a great idea :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • praby19praby19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are buying Maple whoopie pies by the case (at a great discount) from Steves Snacks. I like the flavor and color of the maple ones and they are ordering our own labels for them from Vista Print. About half of our guests are from the South or the West so they have never had whoopie pies so it should be fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Whoopie pies are yummy! Most of my guests are Maine natives, so they wouldn't be quite as novel.I have this recipe for chocolate cookies with cream cheese filling that I've made for a while and have been subsequently dubbed "Mindy cookies," since I make them for most major family events. I was thinking that making those for the favors would be fun, and I would include the recipe too. But am I asking for trouble trying to bake 100 cookies like a day or two before the wedding?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Haven's Candies also does chocolate rocks. We're doing a cd of songs from the wedding for each family/couple and then every guest gets 2 Lindt Truffles. For the kids, we're giving them also a little rubber duckie dressed as a bride or a groom. My couple of rugby buddies from my traveling club are also getting the rubber duckies dressed as bride or groom because one of the Tour rules for the club is that we always have to have a rubber duck with us (unless we're playing in practice or a game).
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards