Maine

10 Days!

I can't believe it will be single digits tomorrow! I have been stalking the weather channel but have to wait until tomorrow to see the weather for our big day!

Re: 10 Days!

• edited December 2011
    Don't do it! Don't check the weather until a couple days before! New England weather is so finicky and it changes all the time! You'll drive yourself crazy...All of us with weddings next weekend will just have to think great thoughts about the weather and believe that the weather will pull through for us! And then we can panic next Thursday if it doesn't look good...:-)
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    I actually did the same thing just before my wedding, except I went to accuweather because they do a 15 day forcast.  At first it showed cloudy with chance of rain, then it changed to sunny.  I stressed way to much over it.  Of course the day was beautiful.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for 10 more days....but like pp said DO NOT DO IT!!!!! It will just add unneeded stress...and the weather can change by the hour!! ON my wedding day it was pouring at 7am, and by 10am is was beautiful and sunny.....seriously, don't do it to yourself, it's not worth it!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with what everyone else has said about not stressing yourself out over the weather report, but I've been doing the same thing! I went to accuweather and their 15 day said showers in the morning of the 12th, but it also said mid 70s for the temp and if the showers really are just in the morning, I can live with that. Although I haven't checked in about 3 days so by now it's probably changed! Just remember, rain on your wedding day is good luck, and full direct sunlight isn't good for pictures!!
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with everyone else--don't do it!  I did and saw the forecast deteriorate from a lovely low-70s sunny day to 62 for a high and 2 inches of rain.  In the end, the weather was the latter and it didn't matter a bit!  We had a lovely indoor ceremony and cocktail hour and were on cloud 9 because we were married and with family and friends.   All the weather-stalking just created unneeded nerves and stress because the wedding was fantastic regardless.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards