Maine
Options

Weirdest card box ever? I WIN!

Okay, so this may seem totally nasty to you other brides, but I had to share because I know my mom is going to have a cow. My FI was in the Army. His best man served with him in Bosnia. One other GM was a Marine. I've pretty much dated every branch of the military. And was almost Army myself (decided not to enter at the last minute). Our wedding reception is at the Regency Hotel, which used to be a HUGE armory. I didn't want to spend tons on a card box and I didn't like the ones out there anyhow, so I ended up paying just over $10 for an old Ammo Canister, which I will leave open and next to a little militaria (maybe FI's beret or dress cap/lid or something similar). I'm hoping, too, to have the Regency maybe supply an old photo of their days as the Armory to put next to the card "box". My mom will have a fit-- even if I try to "dress" it up with some ribbon. But I like it. :-) And if there is ever a Knot prize awarded for weirdest card box ever, I want everyone's nominations/votes! LOL Cheers!
"Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW

Re: Weirdest card box ever? I WIN!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards