Maine
Options

Bangor Vendors

Hi there,I am interested to hear if anyone has advice about any Bangor vendors?  We are getting married next Sept...so any recommendations for florists, photographer, videographer, dj, invitations would be great!
started TTC 5/10
me: PCOS DH: low motility
clomid 100mg - no response
clomid 200mg +HCG+ IUI #1 5/1/11 = BFN
clomid 200mg +HCG+IUI #2 5/31/11 = BFN
Clomid/HCG/IUI #3 Cancelled Follistism + IUI x2 BFN Changed RE Moving on to IVF 11/2011

Re: Bangor Vendors

• Options
    MaineMayBrideMaineMayBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used several Bangor area vendors for our wedding.We used Dana Lavertu as our dj. He did a wonderful job and was really attentive to all our needs.http:///www.danalavertu.comWe interviewed Hampden Floral and found them really pleasant but ended up hiring The Bud Connection in Ellsworth. Delivery was really reasonable and they did a wonderful job.We used Henry's for our tuxedo rentals. We were very pleased with them.Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    Krissie117Krissie117 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Chapel Hill Floral....I know several people that have used them and rave about them.  Plus, we found their prices to be MUCH more reasonable than some other florists.We are using Bill Knight for photography.  Again, I know several people that have used him and he does great work.  Again, very competitive prices.  We aren't using a videographer, but Bill regularly works with a gentleman who does video weddings.We are using Hi Tech Entertainment for our DJ.  (Disclaimer: He's a lifelong friend of FI).  Mike is VERY entertaining and can get the crowd dancing! And I think his prices were very competitive with others.For invitations, we used Invitationsbydawn.com and I think they came out great!! HTH!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Marie's in Brewer for the flowers.  We actually are just odering my bouquet from them and the stems so we can make the bridesmaids'.  We got the tux's from Strictly Formal in Bangor and we are using Dana Lavertu for the DJ.
  • Options
    AngelSmittyAngelSmitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Fast Dogs Mobile Entertainment for our DJ, our photographer was Mariko Brown and our videographer was Mark Ganglfinger (Fingertip Productions).  Invitations we ordered through the Henry's Bridal website and I loved them.The dj:  everyone loved him and he did a wonderful job!!the photographer:  the sneak peek photos she put on her website were great...still waiting on the rest of them (6 1/2 weeks later) but her and her husband/assistant are very easy to work with!the videographer: told me 2-3 weeks, then told me another week when he wasn't done, then last week told me it'd be after he gets back from his daughter's bootcamp.  He's making it longer than normal for me, and I'm sure he will do great because I've seen his work before, I'm just really irritated that it'll be 8 weeks before I get my dvds.  No where in the contract does it say a time frame, so he shouldn't have given me one at the wedding lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kev'sbridekev'sbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Blue Hill Limo out of Hampden....we chose to rent a town car.  Gene was our driver and I can't say enough good things about Gene or Blue Hill Limo! They were by far one of the easiest, if not the easiest vendor I worked with
  • Options
    ArmyBride7408ArmyBride7408 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Dana Lavertu for a DJ, and Blue Hill for a limo, and were very happy with both of them.  Our photographer works out of MDI, (we actually got married in Dedham) but you can see if he'd do a Bangor wedding.  He did a fantastic job and ended up stayed an extra hour more than we had agreed upon for free because he and his assistant were having such a good time.  His name is Rogier Van Bakel and his business is called Eager Eye Photography.
    In support of Stacey081184.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Equipment Rental Party Plus in Brewer for plates, silverware, water glasses, champagne flutes, a couple sections of pole and drape. They were really good, nice experience. The dishes just had to be scraped off and returned, no charge for the champagne flute that broke.
    image Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Can anyone give prices on any of these dj's you are rattling off? There are alot of awesome options here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards