Maine

best place for strapless bra

Hey ladies! I was wondering where you would recommend shopping for a strapless bra for the wedding. I bought my dress at David's and I know they sell them there, but I'd like to shop around and see what's out there. Any good suggestions?Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: best place for strapless bra

• edited December 2011
    I love my Victoria's Secret strapless that I wore for my wedding, but I'm also barely a B-cup so most strapless bras work for me. I just find Victoria's Secret bras to be the most comfortable.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm gonna have to agree with the PP and say Victoria's Secret. They have strapless bras as well as shape wear and corsets to wear under your gown.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'll definitely check out VS.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    There's also Lady Grace in South Portland-- by the Panera and Talbot's near the mall.They've got a pretty good selection, even if it feels like you took a time machine back to the 50s!
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    Another Victoria's Secret fan! I used the 100 ways bra since it dipped a bit lower in the back.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL All these VS fans! You must not have to wear anything over a D cup, then! LOL I can NEVER find a DD bra there-- they always say "we can order it from the catalog, though" and I stopped doing that because when they'd arrive, they looked like the Granny version of the cute little thing I wanted to wear. You know, HUGE thick straps that looked like they were part of a rope-and-pulley system... So, I guess, if you're a less-common size, Lady Grace will have something. If not, Victoria Secret is an option.  :-)
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    I know what you mean, Daniele! I'm a D, and it can be hard to find those cute little bras in my size...they add like giant straps and extra hooks and crap. I'm sure it's worse for DD!I don't really shop at VS for bras...do they carry D? I'll have to check out Lady Grace too!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Victoria's Secret does actually carry DD's now. And we have a large selection of D's as well (I work there, so don't mind the first person plural).
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the insider info! I'll check it out.
    Anniversary
  • bethyalebethyale member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to La Corseterie in Biddeford.  It is a small shop and Priscilla, the owner is great.  She is super knowledgeable and very friendly!!!!
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no one made them small enough for me.  I needed a 32 B and no one made 32's all 34s.  I ended up having to go to David's Bridal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards