Maine

Wedding photographer needed!

I'm getting married in the Old Port district in Portland, Maine. I need to find a photographer for our wedding ceremony and reception. I'm looking for someone for around $1500 including the digital rights to the photos. Does anyone know someone good?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Wedding photographer needed!

• edited December 2011
    I just booked Portrait New England a few weeks ago. They are a husband and wife team. They are definitely within your budget and their pictures are beautiful. They are really nice and they will work with you to give you exactly what you want. Let me know if you want more recs cuz I looked into a lot of photographers before I found them but most of the ones I liked were out of my budget (and yours).
    www.portraitnewengland.com
    Good luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Classic Photographers. They have a bunch of different packages that are around your pricerange and have been great with us so far. You can choose which photographer best suits you and I believe they are in the South Portland area. If you take a look at their website you can see the different packages and photographers they offer.

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest

my read shelf:
    Esskem's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Simply Mella for my wedding next weekend.  She is within your price range but she is booking up very fast. She is very easy to work with and I really like her work.

http://www.simplymella.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Kate Bradley Photography is wonderful. She is certainly within your budget. She also includes the rights to the pictures with her prices and she also gives you a letter that says she gives you full rights just in case someone asks.

We got our pictures back and LOVED them. They came out awesome. She's creative and got shots that I wouldn't have thought of, but loved. She was wonderful about getting the pictures we wanted and directing people so that it went smoothly and quickly. We were at a wedding last weekend that H was in and they were taking pictures and didn't finish them all before the wedding like they had planned. H said to me "She's no Kate Bradley!"
  • jmconley08jmconley08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using John Loconte photography. He is out of Northern Mass but is right around 1500 which includes the rights to all your pics! I have been to two weddings with him as the photographer and the pics were great! Also, he stays out of the way which I loved plus hes so nice and super fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I am a representative of RPH photography based out of Destin, Fl. We would love to
    to travel to your wedding. Please give me a call back to discuss any questions. 850-287-4698 www.RPHphotography.net
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear RPH Photography,

Vendors are not allowed.  I guess you didn't read the terms of service when you joined The Knot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I used Roxanne Ashey out of Topsham.  I got married in the Old Port in September 2011.  Her lowest package is $2295, but if you didn't need everything in the package, she might take the price down.  If you'd like to see my pics to get an idea of how our Old Port weddnig was just message me.  Her website is roxannesphotos.com   Smile

Felicia
  • Try Focus on You Photography, they are based out of West Paris but do travel. They have a Facebook page and have a couple weddings posted. Very reasonable rates!
  • I recommend Lexi Lan-Lowell, of Walla photography! She's got wonderful artistic vision and is the sweetest! :)
    Here is a post explaining my experience with her along with some of her work:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards