Maine

Cake & Make up Recommendations?

Obviously not together, but these are two vendors I need to find.

Where are you girls ordering your cake from, and how much do they usually run costwise? I have no idea.

Also, any recommendations for make up artists? I am using my hair dresser for my hair, and she doesn't do make up.

Re: Cake & Make up Recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    We're ordering our cake from Nothing Bakes Like a Parrott in Portland. We really liked the owner/baker, Jessica, and her cakes were yummy! For a three-tiered cake, plus a sheet cake, for about 100 people, we are paying around $300, which includes delivery to Bridgton and standard decorations. I thought that was a fairly reasonable price, and I think other bakeries would charge more, but I'm not 100% positive -- we didn't look into other places.

There are a bunch of cake places in the Portland area. I've heard good things about European Bakery, Two Fat Cats, Cakes Extraordinaire. Check the Maine Bio for other recommendations.

And we're doing our own make up! So I can't help you there.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I checked out the makeup shop and they wanted something like $75 for a trial and application the day of.

For $75 I can get a look at the Clinique counter in the mall and buy most of the make up and get to keep it!!

• edited December 2011
    a friend of the family will be doing ours.  She works at the este lauder counter at Macy's and has had a lot of training as it is required there.  If I were you I would look into someone at your local makeup booths many of them do wedding makeup on the side at a much lower cost than most.
  • Iris4700Iris4700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're getting our cake from CoastalCakes.com - it is a blueberry buttermilk cake with lemon filling, simple decorations of buttercreme frosting with some fondant accents and she is using real blueberries as decoration too. 4 tiers, 150 ppl, $550. And the cake was fabulous tasting!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using let em eat cake by gayle forte in Kennebunkport. Its around 400 for 150 people.

My hair dresser in Biddeford at its ah hair thing is doing my hair and make up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    visiting from the nest. I have to disagree with the PP on the make up shop. I used them, and they were amazing. I know I couldn't have done my make up as well as they did for my wedding day. Their prices are on the higher side, but they do an amazing job, and are flexible and willing to work with you.
    image The way life should be-
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am familiar with Sticky Fingers in the midcoast area and their cakes are fantastic.  I had the opportunity to try a piece of their cake (not at a wedding) and it was delicious!  You might want to check with From This Day Forward to check out their makeup rates and see if they're available.  They travel and are excellent.  Good luck.
  • britafricabritafrica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at the Inn by the Sea - and their beautiful in-house Spa does makeup sessions... They don't have an online portfolio of what they've done.  But I am looking into it myself for my May 2010 wedding.    

We aren't doing a traditional cake but rather having our restaurant create a French Crocembrouche (spelling?) and mini whoopie pies with iced violets.  (Neither of us are big on cakes.)  Restaurant Evangeline.

Cheers, B.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards