Maine
Options

spray tan?

My wedding is in July and I will need to have a glow

Any experience with places in the southern maine area?

i found this online and I am going to try it out

http://coppersheen.com/

but im wondering if anyone else has suggestions

Re: spray tan?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    sun tan city!! i've had them done twice.. once by some nail salon I found in Portland and it was the most awkward situation ever.. I had to strip down to my underwear and a little lady sprayed me.. not cool.. Sun Tan City you go into a room on your own and the machine sprays you.. oh and you don't feel sticky afterwards like I did for days! if you sign up for their e-mails you will probably be able to try it cheaply between now and july.. they just did a "tour of the city" which gave you 1 round in all of their beds (including the spray tan)!  Definitely my recommendation!
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! I was/am nervous that i may look too even with a spray booth, I will have to check them out as well, i am def going to try out a bunch to see what they look like on my skin.

(i have had a airbrush tan for prom in high school and I agree with you its awkward to have to strip in front of someone but my tan looked great)
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will it come off on the dress?  That's my concern. 

I don't know anyone who has ever gone to one of those places, so I have no personal experience to base it on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kay0003kay0003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was spray tanned for my wedding and only a tiny bit got on the inside of my dress but it came out when I had it cleaned.  I was sprayed on a thursday for a Saturday wedding.
    I've tried both the machine spray & having a person spray.  Although it is awkward being naked in front of a stranger, the tan looks more natural so that is my preference. But either way you decide to go, you'll definitely want to test it out before the big day since there are different levels of tan that you can get.
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hcorrigan if you do it in the right timing. For example my wedding is on saturday, if i get sprayed thursday let it set, take a shower before my rehersal dinner friday i should be still tan for saturday but that top layer of bronze that is not 'in my skin' should wash off in the shower and not get on my dress.

I am going to experiment with urban decay's setting spray

and ask around, i just dont have personal experience with any salons in southern maine for spray/airbrush tanning
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, use Sun Tan City and do it about 3 days before.  Also, make sure you wipe around your fingernails and stuff after you get done.  Somestimes it settles there and looks really gross.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards