Maine

Where to find these nautical items??

Hi All- Planning a nautical themed wedding for next summer and I'm looking for a wooden lobster trap for a card box, mini buoys for place cards/favors, and tin buckets for flowers... anyone have any idea where to find any of this?! No luck so far!

Re: Where to find these nautical items??

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Have you checked Christmas Tree Shop?  Or Oriental Trading (online)?  They both tend to have a lot of nautical themed things for sale.

If I remember correctly, a girl on here found a lobster trap on Craigslist last summer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you are in the Belfast area, I have these kinds of things at many of the antique stores on route 1.  We got some old windows to write our menu on at Treasures and Trash Barn--they have a lot of stuff, and you could probably call to see if they have the things you're wanting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_where-to-find-these-nautical-items?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:2ec929b2-7724-4438-87c0-81b890225adcPost:c13df008-5f5b-4341-ad04-92fdfa832ce2">Where to find these nautical items??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi All- Planning a nautical themed wedding for next summer and I'm looking for a wooden lobster trap for a card box, mini buoys for place cards/favors, and tin buckets for flowers... anyone have any idea where to find any of this?! No luck so far!
    Posted by nmundy07[/QUOTE]

If you check out the fishing docks in any coastal town I'm sure you can find a lobster trap for sale, or even free. I do know the Christmas Tree Shop in Portland has tin buckets, the assorted color kind and also the beach pail theme.  Maybe $1 each.  Not sure about the mini buoys, but I wouldn't be surprised if you found them there too.  Good luck.
  • ETSY! ive gotten lots of my wedding stuff from this site. its awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you, all! I will check out all your suggestions! 
  • I have a wooden lobster trap that will be for sale after sept.15th, its turquoise!
    email me if interested,
    Koriebutler130@hotmail.com
    goodluck!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_where-to-find-these-nautical-items?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:2ec929b2-7724-4438-87c0-81b890225adcPost:c13df008-5f5b-4341-ad04-92fdfa832ce2">Where to find these nautical items??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi All- Planning a nautical themed wedding for next summer and I'm looking for a wooden lobster trap for a card box, mini buoys for place cards/favors, and tin buckets for flowers... anyone have any idea where to find any of this?! No luck so far!
    Posted by nmundy07[/QUOTE]
  • Christams Tree Shop would be my first spot.... keep checking throughout the year..... also, I don't know where you are, but Land's End on Bailey Island.....Brunswick area..... might be a good place to look.  Things may be a little pricey.... but it would be a BEAUTIFUL day trip if you are far away.... even if you aren't far away, it is a wonderful ride!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards