Maine

Blocking hotel rooms?

I'm getting married in York and we are looking to block hotel rooms for our guests at a cheaper rate. Has anyone ever done this? We are looking anywhere in southern Maine , from York to Wells. We would like to keep the rate as reasonable as possible even though our wedding is in August

Re: Blocking hotel rooms?

• Try Best Western in York.  I think you just call and let them know you are getting married and are interested in what they offer for room block rates.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge October- Honeymoon! 7 days in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico! image
  • I heard (and found) that a lot of hotels in the York area do not do blocks or any kind of discounted rate due to tourist season. Our wedding is on Labor Day weekend and we ended up blocking 30 rooms with the Meadowmere in Ogunquit. They gave us a rate of $159.95 w/ a min. 3 night stay, which I thought was awful until I checked out what most hotels in the area go for during high season. Since I live here, well I had no idea. Anything under $200 seems like a steal!

We really liked the Meadowmere and our wedding is in Cape Neddick, near Ogunquit, so it worked out perfectly for us. Allyson Cavaretta does the wedding blocks and she was great and very helpful. I did also recommend York Inn Best Western or York Microtel on our wedding website if my guests are looking for something more economical.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did a ton of research.  The Ancorage in York is reasonable and doesn't have a night minimum.  The York Harbor Inn is nice and quaint - a little more expensive and has a minimum.

The Meadowmere in Ogunquit is a good option.

There are also much cheaper hotels inland in Portsmouth, Kittery and Dover.

Depending on the weekend, you could have a hard time getting a block so definitely call ASAP!  We aren't able to get any more rooms blocked at the three downtown hotels in Portsmouth in August...

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards