Maine
Options

Train on dress

Hi Ladies!

I am getting married in July 2012 at the Lucerne Inn in Dedham, Maine.  This is the dress that I have bought:

Our ceremony is outdoors, and the reception is on an outdoor patio.  I was thinking that it would be a lot easier to just take the train off the dress.  Otherwise, I would have the train during the ceremony as I walk across the grass/etc, then 20 minutes later I would bustle it for the wedding. Plus, The bustling looks a little funny because the fabric is so light and fluid.  

Do you think that it is okay to not have a train?  Do you think taking the train off this particular dress would still look great?

Thanks!
Laura

Re: Train on dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is totally ok to do whatever you want.   If you don't want a train, that's ok.  If you want the "look" for the ceremony, you can always do a long veil. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always said I didn't want a train on my wedding dress - always.
    Then, I fell in love with the perfect dress that happened to have a train.  I asked the seamstress to remove it when she hemmed it, but she showed me a simple bustle that made it look beautiful, and I fell in love even more.  The train looked nice while I walked down the aisle, and when spread out for formal pictures, looked very nice too.  I had it bustled up as soon as pictures were done, I think most brides do.  It wasn't long enough that it got in the way at any point - which is what I've seen happen to too many brides and probably why I thought I didn't want that for myself. 
    My dress was the same light material as this one you've picked out.  In my opinion, the lighter material makes for a better bustle, since it doesn't weigh down the dress when it's all buttoned up in the bustle like a heavier material would. 
    On the other hand, if you don't want a train, I think this dress would look just as nice without one. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards