Maine
Options

Rentals

Does anyone have any good ideas as to where I can get rentals affordably? I got a great deal on a tent in Monmouth, but she only does tents and tables. I need everything else.

Also, I really really wanted the chiavari chairs, but at most places they're at least $7 a piece to rent. I can't justify spending $326.25 renting chairs for 45 people.

The white garden chairs are pretty, but I think I'm going with ivory linens, and I'm not sure how the white chairs will look with ivory linens.The garden chairs $123.75 for 45

Thoughts on the chairs? I think both are nice, I originally wanted the chiavari, but the cost is three times as much...please talk me into or out of it.

Re: Rentals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd say to myself will people remeber the chairs? probably not. I need to rent chairs as well and I'm most likely using a rental place in old town, the chairs were around 2 dollars...just plain white resin chairs I believe
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting the garden chairs for our ceremony, and then wooden chairs that are a little cheaper (I think) than the chiavaris for our reception.  We originally liked the chiavaris, but my FI didn't like them when he saw them in person from One Stop Party Shoppe.  

If we were having our reception outside, I think the garden chairs would be fine--we're having it in a ballroom, so we wanted to get different chairs.  I don't think the ivory/white will be a problem for you.  They're both neutrals.  Maybe you can google photos or look on stylemepretty.com to see if there are any ideas so you can see what it would look like?  My synagogue has the garden chairs for its events, and I always thought they were nice.  

We are getting our ceremony chairs from NE Tent & Awning (I think they are about the same price as you quoted) and our reception chairs from Rentals Unlimited in Boston. We also looked into Leavitt & Paris, but they were not very responsive and kind of flaky--FI emailed them, they said they were running out of the chair we wanted, but they probably had enough for our date, FI emailed them several times to say we wanted to confirm, they never responded, then they emailed to say they just set up a different rental for our date and no longer had the stock.  

I don't know if the prices you quoted include delivery, but make sure you take that into account when figuring out the total cost.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011

if you're having your wedding at an off-peak time (or even if you're not) you might ask some of the hotels/resorts that have the chairs if you can rent them.

it woudl be instant revenue for them and they likely wouldn't charge you much

• Options
    jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried renting a tent from leavit and paris and i called twice and sent an email and no one ever got back to me either! weird.
  • Options
    jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No one will remember the chairs.  The white chairs will look fine with the ivory linens.

BUT, if it's going to bug you:
    What are your colours?  And have you already purchased the ivory linens?  Can you do white linens instead (if you're worried about it)?  

Skip the chiavari chairs.  It's $200 (difference) that you could spend elsewhere (like a massage to get rid of some planning stress;)

ETA: Here's a website with three pictures (clicky) of white chair covers with ivory table linens.  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• Options
    jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks jena! i was trying to google "white chairs with ivory linens" and couldn't find exactly what i was looking for. i fail at google.

i haven't bought the linens yet, but i just don't like the way white linens look. i'm still toying with the idea of pink or green table cloths too, i just figured it would be harder to sell pink or green table cloths after the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards