Maine

C'mon Irene...

Does anyone else feel like Mother Nature is playing a big 'ol game of chicken with us lately between the slllloooooow moving Irene and the earthquake the other day?  I know she will be gone by next weekend, and I am truly hoping that she stalls enough to not impact the brides for this coming weekend.  I have a good feeling the timing might just be perfect.  Now if I could stop worrying about my house blowing up and losing all our decorations or the seamstress shop catching fire and losing my dress.  haha.  Deep breaths! 

On the up-side, I had another fitting last night and all my dress anxiety is gone.  The last time I went I had on spanx and felt like a stuffed sausage in my dress now that it was taken in again and fit me correctly.  I thought the top looked funny and I was panicked - for DAYS.  Last night with no spanx I felt like a million bucks!  I was comfortable, the dress looked amazing and I cannot wait to wear it!  Yes I think it's official - I have gone crazy.  Smile  I guess that is what happens when you have 10 days to go and a list of 40+ little things left to do. 

Married 9.4.11

Re: C'mon Irene...

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for the dress!  Can't wait to see pictures of your big day!

Like I suggested to Britt, make a daily to-do list...it will make that gigantic list way more manageable and way less overwhelming!  You can do it!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chrispygal - you're going to look amazing and I can't wait to see the photos! Glad you are head-over-heels with the way the dress looks and fits. :) That's an amazing feeling. 

I agree w/Hcorrigan - daily lists helped me get through the last week. I did have a master as well, and it was great to go back to that and make a lot of checks on it after I'd done my daily list. 

So excited for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I think you're right about the hurricane. Hopefully the timing will be perfect for both weekends.

And I definitely agree on the lists. We had one master list going that I kept that helped a lot. Plus, the best thing about lists is when you are done with something, it feels so good to cross it off. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards