Maine
Options

Hi there

Hello

I'm new to this board. I've posted a few times all ready because I was eager to get started, and I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Jelena. I got engaged in December, and we're getting married September 3, 2011.

I've already found a tremendous amount of help from previous posts, so I look forward to learning even more from all of you :-)

Re: Hi there

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I'm Jessica, I also got engaged in December, and we're getting married July 3, 2011 in Freeport.  I look forward to learning from you :)
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for getting married on a "3rd"! haha. I'm getting married on June 3, 2011. I got engaged August, 2011. 

Welcome to the board! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wedding date twins!  I'm getting married in Kennebunkport-how about you?
  • Options
    jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    edited December 2011
    we're getting married in lewiston. we're from the portland area, but we found a gorgeous new banquet hall in lewiston. Yay for getting married on the third!
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a 9.10.11 bride... no 3rd for me :(

Where in Lewiston are you having your reception? Ours is at the Ramada :D
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm getting married June 25, 2011 in Bethel.  Welcome to the board :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the reception hall is at the Royal Oak Room. It used to be the waiting room for the train station. They've only done one other wedding which makes me a bit nervous, but i love the vintage decor and vibe of the whole place :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I am happy to see some other labor day weekend brides.  For a while there weren't many of us!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Maine board, we are happy to have you!  I'm getting married 9.17.11 in Madison.  Good luck with all of your wedding planning.
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  No 3rd here...unless you count it being the 3rd Saturday in July!  I'm getting married July 16 in Portland.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_hi-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:45be1823-bfd8-415a-baf1-9072da9e5e1ePost:07199f76-991d-467f-9783-e1b9b9caea17">Re: Hi there</a>:
    [QUOTE]we're getting married in lewiston. we're from the portland area, but we found a gorgeous new banquet hall in lewiston. Yay for getting married on the third!
    Posted by jelenybeany[/QUOTE]

:) Have you ordered BM dresses yet?  I'm panicking because I don't have one girl's measurements.  But i'm also a type A NY-er
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    edited December 2011
    <div>I think that counts for an honorary. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_hi-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:45be1823-bfd8-415a-baf1-9072da9e5e1ePost:2ea517dd-e4c2-4660-b55e-4aefd4b39ed2">Re: Hi there</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome!  No 3rd here...unless you count it being the 3rd Saturday in July!  I'm getting married July 16 in Portland.
    Posted by hcorrigan34[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_hi-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:45be1823-bfd8-415a-baf1-9072da9e5e1ePost:cc2f171e-c46c-47c7-a5fc-9d2479b25312">Re: Hi there</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi there : :) Have you ordered BM dresses yet?  I'm panicking because I don't have one girl's measurements.  But i'm also a type A NY-er
    Posted by slwager[/QUOTE]

I don't have that either, I am little worry, but will work out I am sure, my fellow NYer!!!
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_hi-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:45be1823-bfd8-415a-baf1-9072da9e5e1ePost:5f8d10a7-d60f-4ac9-87f4-3f8832c06908">Re: Hi there</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that counts for an honorary. :) In Response to Re: Hi there :
    Posted by plato79[/QUOTE]

Woot woot!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree it's honorary!

i haven't ordered dresses because I'm having mybridesmaids pick their own. I've asked them to buy black dresses that are tea length or shorter, and to go with it. I was having a hard time finding actual bridesmaids dresses I liked, and I thought the prices were crazy.
  • Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome to the board
  • Options
    LillyBean7LillyBean7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Late too! Welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm new as well. Engaged in March, getting married on 10/15/2011 :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards