Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Business term question

This has been driving me crazy.  What do you think this means:"Business has been wide open."

Re: Business term question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    TWSS?Does it mean open to the market? or just that business is booming?  It's a head scratcher for me...
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My guess would be it's anyone's market? As in, doing well? Was there other context to it?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is clearly and simply a TWSS. :PWide is there in error. Doesn't need to be there. FAIL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea. Was it in more context?
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boss says it all the time in talking to customers...like, how is business?  And then when they ask him he says "we're wide open." or "Our business is wide open."He means that we are busy.  Really, really busy.  But it makes me think not busy for some reason.  And it is just a term that I've only heard recently.  And TWSS is so appropriate here, haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    could someone clue me in on what TWSS means?   lol- this reminds me of the lady that asked for the handicap seat onthe bus today, she looked at the kid sitting there and said "can I have that seat- I really need to spread my legs"
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara, TWSS = that's what she saidAnd too funny about that bus, haha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh!!!  I should have known that... yeah- I was giggling under my breath- it was priceless
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my, I think your boss might be giving the wrong impression. "How's business?""Wide open"That to me implies we have nothing on our schedule, we don't have work, etc. But that's just me.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristen, that is exactly what I think of!  Like we don't have enough to do, we are wide open!It has been driving me up the wall!  :P
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with kwynn!hahahaha, that lady on the bus really said that?? i would have stared at her and not budged!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this makes me question the kind of "business" you work in KR...  (lol-j/k)
  • Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I've never heard that expression, and wouldn't necessarily have guessed that that's what he meant by it!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard the term used like that... I have said "My calendar is wide open" As in I have plenty of time for you.  Whic would lead me to belive that "business being wide open" would mean there is little business meaning plenty of time and space for more.... hmm that would be annoying.. The lady on the bus would be HILARIOUS!
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards