Maine
Options

When to send invitations??

Hi ladies! Just wondering how farin advance you all sent or plan to send out your invites?? I was thinking about 6 weeks in advance but might send them anywhere between 6 and 8 weeks ahead. Is 8 weeks too far in advance?

Re: When to send invitations??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The general rule is between 6-8 weeks and you want to request your R.S.V.P.'s to be returned to you no later than 3 to 4 weeks before the wedding.
  • Options
    budvar1012budvar1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of invitations, I am getting mine done at USM at the wise suggestion of a fellow Maine knottie--they are costing me THREE CENTS EACH to print!
    Jeesh, how fricking cool is that???
    "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA. Lois, this is not my Batman glass."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours earlier than 8 weeks because it is an out of town wedding (several states away) for all the guests.  But usually 6 - 8 weeks is perfect.  Your caterer should be able to tell you when they need a final head count for meals - that can help you set an RSVP date early enough that you can call anyone who doesn't RSVP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I did mine at the beginning of May for a July 10 wedding- so maybe 10 weeks?  I knew people were already getting booked for the summer, and it is hard to get a hotel in Portland in the high season, so I wanted them out early.  Plus, I wanted to get them back with enough time to chase people down who didn't rsvp.  The timing worked out great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOT town went out 8 weeks ahead. Locals went out at 6 weeks. My RSVP was 3 weeks before the wedding & I think it was perfect because some people send in well after the date & I still had time to contact everyone.

If its a "destination" wedding or its a holiday weekend 10 weeks is acceptable, but make sure you sent out save the dates well in advance.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours 12 weeks out - only because our wedding is on a holiday weekend (in the Lakes Region) and we really needed RSVPs a month in advance. This gives our guests enough time to book alternative accomodations in the area if they don't feel comfortable staying at the summer camp we've reserved as the venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards