Maine
Options

Davids Bridal Issue... help :(

I don't post on here actively anymore because our lives have become so busy that it seems I never have a free moment to post. 

Anyway, my bridesmaids are scattered across the country.  They're in Maine, Florida, Connecticut, and Washington.  When I went to David's a couple months ago to pick out the BM dresses I was told up and down that there would be no problem to have my girls in other states and they would register all of them under my wedding.  To be safe I made sure that all of the girls ordered their dresses by the end of May. 

The issue I'm having is with my sister's dress.  She lives in Washington and went to a store out there in Burlington.  She said the lady that was helping her was kind of flaky but ordered her dress none-the-less.  She gave them my name, the date of the wedding, and the location. 

Fast forward to two weeks ago.  All of my other dresses came in that we had orderd three weeks after my sister's dress.  I thought this was weird that she hadn't gotten hers' yet so I told her to call them.  She called the store and it was no where to be found.  Not listed under my name or her name.  So I called my home store here in Portland and they called their "main" store and said that it was ordered under a name very similar to mine for a girl who "also lives on the east coast."  They assured me it wouldn't be a problem since it was being shipped to the Burlington store and that my sister would get an e-mail on Tuesday when it came in.  She still hadn't heard anything on Thursday, so I called my store and they said it was delivered at 3:30 that day.  She called her store and they claim don't have it.

So I guess my question is, what should I do at this point?  I don't know where else to turn.  I feel like demanding a refund on the dress but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it because I'm so non-confrontational.  Have any of you girls had issues with David's giving you the runaround?
Christine & Paul- October 2, 2010
Wedding Countdown Ticker

My Bio

Re: Davids Bridal Issue... help :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did either store give you advice on what to do? It seems strange they would just leave it at, "Well, it didn't show up, even though it says it was delivered...too bad for you!"

I would work with the local store and see if they can order it and have it delivered there, since the other store seems less on top of things. With two months to go, you should be able to get it delivered in time, and I would think they would be able to rush it since they screwed up getting it here the first time.

If that doesn't work, I would contact the company's customer service and pitch a fit (nicely!). Tell them your wedding is in two months away, this dress supposedly arrived but no one can find it, and they should take care of it -- I would hope!

I had one bridesmaid order her dress at a store in MA and they told her it was in, she drove there and then they said it was there but they couldn't find it! She had to go back the next week. That was the only thing that happened with us.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is really bizarre.  It seems like the store in WA just isn't with it.  I plan on calling them today once they open (they have a 3 hour time difference ugh.)  The people in Portland have been helpful.  I'm also going to ask them to call the store.. ugh frustrated..
    Christine & Paul- October 2, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My Bio
  • Options
    Gina MaeGina Mae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a simular problem with the DB here is portland.  I ordered all of my girls dresses on the same day and got a call saying all but one was in, when I went to pick up the dresses I asked when the other would be in and the lady looked into it and said it should be in went out back and couldnt find it....they called the main store and some other stores and couldnt find it.  they sent my on my way and called me about an hour later and told me that they found it out back it was in a box they hadnt opened.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards