Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Not WR: Growin' Up in Pgh

Good way to end the day:[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mobi0B0L37w[/url]Heehee.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not WR: Growin' Up in Pgh

• edited December 2011
    So funny. ROTFLMAO! Confession - my new ring tone is Led Zepplin. I guess you can take the girl out of the 'burgh, but not the 'burg out of the girl.
  • SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's great!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a transplant, and am always so excited when I hear someone use Pittsburghese for realsies. One day a couple of weeks ago, someone cut me off when I was driving home, and I blurted out "jagoff!"--I couldn't wait to tell FI. ;o)
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So funny! also a transplant... I'm a tiny bit scared that my joking around adding n'at to the end of sentences to tease will become permanent!  
    image.
  • morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm an hour up north of the 'Burgh and we always says "youns" not "yinz".  My late FIL would get so embarrassed when a customer would call and I would say "youns." We do say red-up the house, swim in the crick, nebby, jag-off, etc. We also have dinner at noon and supper in the evening - that totally drives my kids bonkers when my DH and I say that.
  • SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    speaking of pittsburghese...I was at the book store the other day reading the book they have with some of the stuff we say...it's kinda funny cause if you're a born n bread you really don't realize you say some of the things you say until you see it!! And some of the things that are in there I never realized it was a 'Pittsburgh thing'lol there is also a website with all the sayings i think it's like pittsburghese.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i love this video..me and my moh were obessed with it..haha i can't listen to katy perrys version with out singing the burgh version..hehe
  • EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome. I love it! My personal favorite is the aauuuuuuggggggggg ggaaauuuuuuddd Dear Lord. And the flying chipped ham. hahahaha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards