Maine

Reception Bands

Hi Girls!

I was looking for some information on bands to have at my reception in Kennebunkport, if any of you have reviews I would love to hear them etc.  I have looked  into a few bands from the Boston area and they seem a little more expensive then I was expecting, Im not sure if i don't realize how pricey they can be or what. 

I am relatively new to the area, if you have heard some of the local bands at other weddings I would love to hear your thoughts!  Thanks

Re: Reception Bands

• scoviljscovilj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI's uncle has a band in the Augusta area called the school street band. They play Jimmy Buffet kind of music if you like that. I'm pretty sure you can google them. If not let me know and I'll get more info for you if your interested.
  • chocolate321chocolate321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have friends that had the delta knights band for their wedding and they were fantastic. lots of different kinds of music from jazz to rock with horns.    They said they were really good communicators and were very reasonably priced.    www.deltaknights.com
    good luck
  • edited December 2011
    im having the delta knights for my wedding, i have had great communication which is key with vendors. i also found them to be the most reasonable priced in the area. for 4 hours for a 4 piece band its $1200 but i think that includes traveling too as my wedding is 2 hours away from portland
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I appreciate your feedback, do you know anything about the Jim Ciampi band?
  • chocolate321chocolate321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we have heard of them and saw them once.  really good band.  They may be quite a bit more money but not sure.   The party we were at with them was really fun though
    best of luck
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Tony Boffa Band!!  They are fantastic!  I have been to several events now where they played and the floor was packed all night each time. My friend had them for her wedding in NH 2 years ago and everyone is still talking about them!  They had her young cousin up rappin with them and were calling people out on to the floor by their name.  They are awesome!  Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards