Maine

Midcoast December venue?

I'm planning a December wedding on a very tight budget and can't seem to find any spot that would be right to have both the ceremony and reception. I'm looking for a cozy feel, around 60 guests. Preferably in Lincoln or Knox County. If anyone knows of any affordable places please let me know!! Thanks :)

Re: Midcoast December venue?

• HE&MEHE&ME member
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments

Have you talked to the Samoset Resort?  That is their off-season and I'm sure their wedding planner will work with you on your budget. Good luck!

• We're having our ceremony at the Craignair Inn and our reception at Echo Hill in St George.  The people who own the Craignair have been so great to work with -really friendly and down to earth.  We are having our ceremony outside but they do have a beautiful restaurant in the inn that would probably be a good size for you.  The views overlook the ocean.
    Echo Hill is really affordable and a blank canvas.  It has a rustic sort of vibe to it.  It may be a bit large for your size wedding but if you're interested in a venue where you can bring in your own caterer, alcohol, etc it may interest you.  We paid $1500 to have the space from Friday through Sunday.  I believe they offer one day rentals as well.  Communication has been a little bit of a challenge with them as the building changed ownership after we signed a contract and the new owners (while they are extremely nice people!) are not the most timely in returning phone calls and emails.  The website is www.echohillinc.com. The pictures must be a bit outdated because the building has been updated a bit (floors refinished, no weird pictures on the walls).

There's also the Camden Snow bowl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards