Maine

Beverage Catering

Any suggestions on a beverage Caterer (Alcohol) in the Midcoast area? Our Food Caterers have suggested one person, but I would like to shop around a little. TIA!

Re: Beverage Catering

• edited December 2011
    Black tie catering company in Portland has been mentioned a lot on here for their food but in looking at their website it looks like they offer bar services as well. 
  • edited December 2011
    I spoke with Mainely Bartenders and they were nice, but our caterer had a better option for us.  They don't supply bartenders but they know bartenders that they use regularly for events who will work for $25 an hour.  We pay them directly, but we also get to supply our own alcohol and bar supplies. This will save us a ton of dough for sure.  We do have a liquor liability policy too as part of the requirement for renting our venue, so we feel comfortable with this. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    Chrispygal who are you using as a caterer??  I'm getting married in Belfast and looking for a caterer that does the same alcohol option.
  • edited December 2011
    black tie also does this, they also subcontract bartenders if this is an option you want to do. if you are having a full service caterer they usually will want you to add an additional insurance rider to protect them, as the insurance chrispygirl and i have from our vendors cover us and the property owners but not the actual bartender or caterer. just a heads up! btw chrispy when is your wedding at ski esta?
  • edited December 2011
    @Marylee - we are using The Good Food Store in Bethel, Maine.  They are a mom and pop that makes AMAZING food.  We were so impressed!  It is not banquet-y food, which was just what we were looking for.

@Amanda, our wedding is 9.4.11 so I've got over 9 months to go.  I just posted on your other post about SkiEsta.  I cannot wait!  I think you are before me, so please please please share picures.  :) 
    Married 9.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards