Maine
Options

A little overwhelmed...

I am just about at my six month mark (OMG six months!!!) and I'm starting to feel really overwhelmed.  Anyone else?  Things are in order, I've done a lot of projects and don't have many left, but I feel like there are a million little things to do even though we've been chipping away at them for over a year and when I look at my list, there's not a ton to do.  Our budget is on track and we've been saving so we'll have enough to pay for everything plus a good buffer.  So really, there is nothing to complain about.  I guess I'm just having a bride freak-out moment.  I'm starting to feel the pressure a bit of worrying that I'm spending all this money for a weekend and people aren't going to have fun.  I need to snap out of this funk!  Any other brides experience this?
Married 9.4.11

Re: A little overwhelmed...

• Options
    britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely! I'm down to a lot of the smaller things too. I've done everything I can do by myself and it's getting stressful now that I'm dealing with tasks I can't do myself..the girls need to order their dresses and the guys need their tuxes, his mom needs to order bulbs to grow our flowers, we need to talk to his aunt and his uncle, we're getting married at their beach house and haven't had one conversation besides making sure it was ok, we need to know if his dad is planning on bringing his heinous girlfriend..AHHHH! I feel like unless I turn into bridezilla there's so much that's out of my control right now. I'm totally the 'I'd rather do it and know it's done' type so it's getting to me every time I look at my checklist!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I'm freaking out! I only have 3.5 months left and I don't feel like I have a lot done!  The worst part is that I don't know what to do!  I want to do so much but I just don't know where to begin?  Obviously at this point all of the big things are taken care of.. I'm kind of annoyed that I haven't recieved the bill from the caterer yet. I want to pay the first 30% and know what I'm looking at.  I also need to go get my taxes done.. oh well off to work!
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was feeling this way for the past few weeks. I just never thought I'd get it all done, still wondered if it's a smart idea to spend all this money on a weekend/day. I've allowed myself to get beyond the money and I've just tried to methodically check off the big things and I'm seeing the light. 

You and your friends and family are going to have a wonderful, amazing time at your wedding and it sounds like you're really on top of everything! Smile and know that it will 1. be worth it and 2. end in an amazingly fun time!! 

Hang in there! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have this weird flip-flop-y feeling.  It happens to me before exams, when I go back and forth between feeling ridiculously overprepared and woefully underprepared.  For the wedding, I'm going back and forth between feeling like we are going to have way too many people RSVP "yes" and all of 2 guests show up to our reception (ok, that's an exaggeration).  (I say too many people because we found out from our venue that the capacity they can hold really doesn't work so well with buffet/stations, so while we would be ok, it wouldn't be ideal if everyone came.) 

I definitely hear you guys on the whole wondering if it's worth all the money thing, too.  I am trying to adopt plato's mentality.  I think our last big thing is the dress, because hopefully we will soon have our invitations sorted out (and I see the path to how that will happen).  We just found our officiant last weekend, which is a huge relief.  And then it gets fun, right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same here, somedays I feel like I've pretty much accomplished everything, and other days I am freaking out because I feel like there is still so much to do (which there is).  Don't worry though, it will all come together and be worth it!  I have 200 days left, I started out with over 600 when we got engaged, it's crazy how time has flown!
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have time to be stressed.  Between teaching, graduate classes, and wedding planning, there isn't too much time for me to sit and over-think.  My main concern right now is the DIY stuff, that I don't quite have time to do, but I'm about to finish a course two weeks early and I won't start my next one until March 31, so I have a month to do stuff.

They only thing that I'm trying to figure out, that has me somewhat frustrated, is getting the picnic shelter set up and decorated.  I was finally able to find a DOC for the ceremony, but she won't be doing any decorating/set up, just telling people where to go and what to do.  I have no idea what to do about the decoration stuff since we can't set up the night before and it's a public space so we can't set up and leave.  So somehow, I need to figure out how to get the chairs there and how to get my decorations hung up.  I can't quite afford another few hundred dollars to hire someone, so I'm not sure how it's all going to work out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to know I'm not alone.  Misery loves company I guess?  Haha, just kidding.  Serioulsy it's nice to know that this is a normal part of the process.  Everyone keeps saying it is so worth it, so let's hope they are right!
    Married 9.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards