Maine

DJ Recommendations?

Hi Knotties.  I'm looking for a DJ in the Mountains region of Maine, or willing to travel there.  I'm not one for games or props, we just want someone that can keep the dance floor packed.  Any recommendations?  Also, if anyone is willing to share what they paid for their DJ, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Christine
Married 9.4.11

Re: DJ Recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    We LOVED our DJ, Tom Morrisette, who is based in Norway. He was spectacular! He met with a bunch of times to go over everything, gave us lots of great ideas about what we should play and helped us figure out a timeline for the whole day. He was really receptive to what we wanted out of our wedding and it was clear he cared about making it special.

The day of the wedding, he kept everything running smoothly and made sure everything happened like it should. He didn't do much talking, except to announce what we needed him to. He was unobstrusive and even asked me before playing a Miley Cyrus song our nephew requested to make sure it was okay :) He kept the dance floor hopping all night and played everything we wanted him to (and nothing we didn't want). A handful of guests even collected money to pay him to stay an extra hour, that's how much fun people were having!

Minus the extra hour, we paid $800 to have him play music for the cocktail hour and reception from 5-10. (He also did our ceremony). We booked Tom through Double Platinum Celebrations, but you can also book him independently through his company, Morissette's Music and More. You can google both of these.

Literally can't say enough about this guy. I was so stressed about making sure stuff went smoothly and that people had a good time, and I was so worry-free the whole time because I knew he was taking care of it all. He even opted to miss his son's high school graduation to hold his commitment to do our wedding, instead of having another DJ fill in for him.

(He also had this idea for a wicked hilarious game...if you change your mind about the games thing! But he won't do anything like that if you don't want him to.)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Great feedback!  Thank you.  I think a DJ can make or break an event.  I will add him to my list of DJ's to call.  Thanks again!
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely recommend Greg from Northeast DJs. We're currently working with him. He is quick to respond to emails and has great suggestions and ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    I completely agree with Kristen.  We're dealing with Greg from Northeast DJs and he is AMAZING.  we're getting married next weekend so I'll be sure to report back after we actually see his work :)
    Christine & Paul- October 2, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Would love to hear the feedback Christine, thank you!  And good luck!  :)
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    I am curious to hear how it goes as well. I'm looking forward to our reception with him. Hope you have good things to say after!!
  • edited December 2011
    Curious if you can provide some feedback on how your reception turned out? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards