Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

I need suggestions on how to decorate this!

I am having a smaller wedding and the pictures below are where I want to have the ceremony.  I am going to be standing at the far corner, in the middle of the picture.  It is a beautiful wooded area, however, I can't figure out how to decorate the background.  I'll probably drape fabric along the fence part, but feel like I need something more, either above us or behind us.  I don't like typical white wedding trellises, however, am open to unique ones.  We can't attach anything with nails or anything that will harm the area.  Also, in the second picture, it shows how far down the ground is from the fence.  There aren't any large tree branches that are far enough down for us to hang things from.  I just have no idea how to decorate!  I LOVE chandeliers so if I could incorporate those, it would be great.  Also, I like vintage decorations.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! 

Re: I need suggestions on how to decorate this!

• Options
    I'd actually agree that you probably don't need much in the way of decoration. It looks like a lovely space and when you set out chairs and a table at the front for signing the license (if it's something required in your state) then I think it will look lovely! If you wanted to dress up the chairs with sashes or bows that would look nice too, but I think a minimalist look would really complement the outdoor space. :)
  • Options
    I completely agree with PP. This space reminds me a lot of my ceremony space! I'm draping some fabric behind us for some contrast and a bit of color, but otherwise its already such a gorgeous space I wouldn't do anything to it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Can you just wrap some flower garland along the fence? That might look nice. And can you do a tree-branc arbor with flowers? You can use craft-twine to tie it to the fance.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Agree w so e of the above suggestions. You can wrap some beautiful, but delicate flowers around the posts (vertical or horizontal depending on how much you feel you need), but keep it simp,e to compliment the rustic, natural beauty - you don't want to overwhelm it. A simple tree branch arbor to frame the two of you. I suggest keeping any ribbon fine or just keep it to a minimum. Enjoy! It's beautiful!
  • Options
    Thank you!!  I really appreciate all of your help!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards