Maine
Options

Vendor Reviews

I can't believe it has been 8 days since my wedding! It was a truly amazing day for many reasons and it feels so incredible to be married and to have the whole wedding planning behind me! I hope my vendor reviews will help someone else to have a awesome wedding :)

The Driftwood Inn (Bailey Island, Harpswell): A

The Driftwood Inn was perfect for us because it was inexpensive ($1500 for 3 days) and allowed many of our guests to sleep over (it sleeps about 80). We did everything at the Inn (rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, breakfast) so it made it nice to not have to go anywhere else. The staff at the Inn were easy to work with and pretty much let us do whatever we wanted. The location is beautiful and was a highlight for out of town guests. www.http://driftwoodinnmaine.com

Photographer, Ryan Labreque: A
Ryan is not a professional photographer but you would never know it! He blended easily into the background and I had many compliments about how wonderful he was with guests. He spent from 11am to 8pm with us and only charged us $350! I have not seen all of the final pictures but the few I have seen are great. (Ryan's number is 754-3897)

Cake, Kate's Homemade Pies and Treat: A
Again not a professional baker, although she does have a licensed kitchen that she bakes out of. We had whoopie pies instead of a cake. She made 200 whoopie pies plus a special oversized whoopie pie for us that she beautifully decorated. Katie also drove all of the whoopie pies down to the Inn for us the day before. All this and she only charged $200! The whoopie pies are the best I have ever had and our guests agreed. (Katie's number is 522-1585)

Caterer, Simply Elegant, Marie Defrain: A+
Marie worked within our budget (even using food especially grown for us by my cousin who is an organic farmer) and only charged us $19.50pp. We had 5 different appetizers, soup and salad and a full turkey dinner. Everything was hot and served perfectly. www.simplyelegantcatering.net

Dress, David's Bridal (South Portland): A

David's was easy to work with and very accommodating. I love my dress and wish that I could wear it again!

DJ, Don Corman : A
Super nice guy and plays a great selection of music. He is very organized and professional and was great to work with. Our guests had a great time dancing. Very reasonable too ($700 for 3 hours including travel). Don's number 207-749-3386

Hair and makeup, MK Studios (Brunswick): A+
Melissa, the owner, is an artist when it comes to hair and makeup. She literally just looked at my bridesmaids and within seconds had come up with the perfect hair and makeup for them. I also loved my hair and makeup. She closed the salon for us and we had a pre-wedding pampering complete with champagne and appetizers. She helped keep me very calm and focused in the few hours leading up to our wedding! ($80 per girl, $100 for me) www.melissakrebs.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards