Maine
Options

XP: Fake Rings for the Honeymoon?

plato79plato79 member
First Anniversary First Comment
Is anyone buying fake rings to take on their honeymoon instead of the real ones? I've heard of it. I'm considering it. I don't want to lose them in the ocean or while traveling. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!

Re: XP: Fake Rings for the Honeymoon?

• Options
    jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope.  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope.  Granted, we're not going any place where swimming might be involved, but I would just take them off and leave them in the hotel safe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you going, plato?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, We spent enough on our real ones, I'd rather put the money towards something else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Plato I think you should just make sure the rings are scheduled on your homeowners insurance (probably more yours vs his unless his are expensive as well) and they wil cover if they get lost or stolen so you can travel without worry.  It will probably cost you less than buying "fake" ones. 

And yes, where are you going on your honeymoon again?  Let's get excited over the trip.  :) 
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh that's right - I never posted about where we're going! We're heading to Costa Rica!!! SOOOOO EXCITED! 

The fake ones are $18 at Macy's so it's not a huge investment. I'm not so much worried about them being covered by insurance, but would hate to lose the rings for sentimental reasons. I will check to see if there's a safe in the places we're staying. That's a good idea. 
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    edited December 2011
    I should probably have added: we havne't actually booked yet. haha. We're just finalizing plans. We want to do around a week in CR then have the second half of our honeymoon in the winter - we're going to Disney!!!
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha i remember this discussion on other boards....

no i think its silly. Once my rings are on they stay on. they stay on unless they are being cleaned.

Personally I feel I would have a higher chance of loosing them if I took them off.

If any of my diamonds fall out I can get them replaced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards