Maine
Options

Candles!

I just pulled the trigger and orderd 360 votive candles (15-hour ones nonetheless) and holders.  I was going to get less than that, but financially it didn't cost me that much more to order this amount and I figure if I don't use them all I can sell them after.  I think the average is about 0.60 each total.  We are going to put votives on each table as well as cover the fireplace (mix of pillars and votives) and line a window sill that stretches from one end of the living room through the dining room.  This will also leave plenty of extras for our planner to put anywhere.  I've always wanted a lot of candlelight and that romantic look so I'm excited!  I'm telling her to put them anywhere and everywhere they will work.  I have limited decorations inside beyond the candles so I want them to be dramatic.  It hurt my pocketbook placing that order though.  lol.   Anyone else ordering tons of candles or using candlelight as a main decor item?  If not, what are your major decor items?
Married 9.4.11

Re: Candles!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm ordering votive candle holders that are lanters...its going to be really cool! But I'll only need maybe 12 of them, one per table. I love candles though, and the mood they set. I'll probably have a few more at the head table
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work at Yankee Candle, so yes, there will be tons of candles used as part fo the decor.  We are also using books and flowers.
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just picked up 60 votive holders and I'm going to grab some more tea lights. We're allowed 3 per table and we're allow to put the fake candles up on window sills, which I also might do. I love the look of candle light. I agree - it's very romantic. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also like the look of candles inside canning jars and suspended by fish wire.  You can never go wrong with candles!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought a fake candle at walmart for my office, and its actually really nice and looks real. Rather cheap too...and smells like vanilla...mmmm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards