Maine

Recommendations for dress alterations in Portland?

jjinmejjinme member
First Comment
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a tailor/seamstress in Portland? I bought my dress at David's Bridal, but I have heard mixed reviews about their alterations. If anyone has had any experience with alterations at the one in South Portland, I would be curious to hear about that too!

Re: Recommendations for dress alterations in Portland?

• edited December 2011
    Sarah Michiwicz is amazing!! I just had my second fitting at her studio yesterday and was blown away! She makes your dress seem custom made. She is expensive, but is the best investment I made for my wedding! I cannot say enough good things!
  • kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Sarah M. She was HIGHLY recommended. Already I am impressed. I go back for my second fitting next week and can't wait to see how she worked her magic! She is located in the Time and Temp building
  • jjinmejjinme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I saw a rave review for her on Yelp, so I had her on my list. Now I will definitely give her a call!
  • rin89rin89 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you do don't go to David's for the alterations!!! It's a complete rip off!! If you need the hem shortened they charge $75...per inch!  I don't know of anyone in in Portland, but Robin Twitchell is in Norway (about an hour away) and she is REALLY good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards