Maine

Chair Covers?

Alright- So I had a thought- it may work and may not, but I thought I'd Throw it out there- I was looking into chair covers, and my Venue rents them for $4 each including the sash- so, while doing some research- its actually cheaper to buy them!  sooo is there anyone else having a Wedding of around $140 who might want to go halfsies on chair covers? I found them for about $2.50 Each, so it would be $350(ish) so around $ 125 each, Just an idea- Any thoughts???

Re: Chair Covers?

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're unable to find someone to split the cost with, I'm sure you'll be able to resell them on the classifieds page and make back most of your money.  They seem to be a pretty hot item over there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    hcorrigan- where you given the option of using your own cahir covers- or did you HAVE to rent theres? its much Cheaper to just buy them- and Since Tracy has Left Seasons, I don't know who to get in touch with!  I'm bummed out that she is gone!
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never asked, so I have no idea what their policy is.  Part of me was thinking that the $4 per cover included the time it would take to get them all set up.  Definitely find out before you order anything!

I was just going through my bulk mail and found an email from her (my email hates gmail for some reason) about her leaving and I was shocked.  I immediately thought of you!  Hopefully they let you know soon who the person is that you're supposed to be in contact with.  I would think that who ever takes over will start off by contacting all of the people who have booked events there. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I know, I will need to get all that figured out. yikes!   I E-mailed Tracy to see who the new coordinator is, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet.
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did my own linens. The only issue is that you have to find a good place to press them before they get set up. Also, the place might charge you to put the covers on the chairs. I'd get questions of this nature asked to the venue coordinator. I was amazed with how wonderful everything came together with the linens, so I think it's definitely worth it....but just price out what a cleaners would cost to do the pressing and see if there's any extra charge from the venue's end. :) Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards