Maine
Options

keratin treatment (follow up)

So, after thinking about it some more and hearing from all you lovelies, I have an appointment to get a keratin express treatment at the salon that I'm hoping will work out for my wedding hair and makeup.  I figure if I like it, I can get it again before the wedding, and if not, it will be washed out by July.  

I have a question for those who've had it or the stylists on the board--I'm also getting a cut.  The salon said they were planning to cut my hair while the treatment was on it, so I guess before straightening.  Is that ok, or should I ask them to cut my hair before?

I can post a review of the salon and treatment if people are interested.  

Re: keratin treatment (follow up)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have very fine, very curly hair and have had everything done to it: relaxing, japanese straightening, keratin etc.

keratin is the best. 

you can definitely cut it before, after, or during.

while i now know that the chemicals used aren't the greatest (they can be harmful to inhale over a proglonged period of time so your stylist should be wearing a mask) they really do seem to make the hair healthier so the cutting is a non-issue.
  • Options
    britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

After is definitely the way to go. A cut on curly hair can look way different when it's relaxed! You'll want them to cut it to suit how it lays after the treatment.

• Options
    amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooo exciting, yes please post how it goes!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards