Maine
Options

Wedding Venues

My fiance and I live in Connecticut but want to get married in Maine. I was hoping someone could offer some venue recommendations in Southern Maine. As if planning a wedding isnt hard enough, it's even worse planning from out of state!!! We are looking to have the ceremony and reception at the same site and nothing too expensive! Thank you in advance for your help girls (:

Re: Wedding Venues

• Options
    mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    http://www.outlookweddings.com/ This place is gorgeous, but a bit pricey. 

http://www.springhillmaine.com/weddings.htm I have been to a wedding here. It was very nice! 

Hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    mikell22mikell22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are both originally from Maine and Mass and wanted a true New England, so we opted to have our Wedding at Fosters Downeast Clambake in York, Maine.  It is not the fanciest place, nor the most beautiful, but it is going to be a blast!!  the food is amazing and includes lobster, clams, mussels and clamchowder and more for about 32$ per person plus a $500 exclusive use fee.  They have a pond outback that is wher we will have ourceremony and the recpetion will be indoors.  You can opt for open bar or cash bar, we are doing open.  They have been excellent to work with and the facility/food and open bar will be lass than $8000, that is with 85 guests.  So quite reasonable esp when you conisder most places charge $49 plus for a chicken entree!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having our at Union Bluff Meeting House in York,Maine. It's BEAUTIFUL. There are churches mearby or you can have the ceremony on the beach, a gazebo nearby, or on the hotel's lawn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hannahrhhannahrh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance and I live in Los Angeles; we are having our reception at Sunday River.  Even though we opted to have the ceremony offsight, they can do it onsight.   I have to say, the staff at Sunday River has made our wedding planning from 3,000 miles away, essentially, low-stress.

Good Luck!

Life's a beach!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

www.thecoastalhouse.com

It's in Wells, which is about 30 min from the NH boarder. Veary reasonable price and georgous!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    grrracegrrrace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! We live outside Philadelphia but are planning a Maine wedding, so I feel your pain on the out of state thing!

Anyway, we've just booked Point Lookout Resort in Lincolnville, ME (www.visitpointlookout.com) and the place is BEAUTIFUL, I am so excited- I never dreamed I'd be having my wedding in such a gorgeous location! It is on top of a mountain that overlooks the Penobscot Bay. We will be getting married outside (hopefully!) have cocktail hour on the deck of the maine building and then move the reception inside. 

I suggest taking a look at the website :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also planning from out of state and we are doing ours at Spring Meadows in Gray, ME.  They have been very easy to work with via email and also accomodating the few times we are able to go to Maine to plan.  We picked them for the price with the entrees between $20-$30 per person and also very reasonable alcohol prices.
  • Options
    JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Sunday River.  They have a lot of onsite locations to have your ceremony.  Or you can have it down the road at the Artist's Bridge (covered Bridge).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards