Maine

Portland Wedding?

Maine is a big place but it has always seemed to me that most people are from Southern Maine. On the board it seems all I can find are brides from other places though! Are you a Southern Maine bride? If so where are you having your wedding? I want the details!!

Re: Portland Wedding?

• edited December 2011
    It does seem that a lot of the current knotties are from the north...
    I had mine in Westbrook/Portland.
    I was on a tight budget, and had my reception at Keeley the Katerer's. 
    There are a lot of great places in the Greater Portland area. 

What are style are you looking for? 
  • angegaryangegary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine in South Portland....the wedding is actually at a church in Scarborough and the reception at the Marriott at Sable Oaks.  Where are you looking?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on Pine Point Beach and the reception is at Mariner's.  What are you doing?

On another note- southern maine hair and nails that don't cost a fortune?  Anyone?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're tenting, but we looked at a lot of places. 
    Joseph's by the Sea in Old Orchard Beach,
    Saltwater Grille in South Portland, and Joe's Dockside also in South Portland impressed us.
    There are also halls to rent like Deering Grange Hall, The Eagles club, the VFW. 
    The Portland Yacht company also has a gorgeous space for not too much money, but then you have to rent tables, linnens etc..
    depending on your budget and how many people you have, a lot of the restaurants in Portland will accomodate you if it's out of season and you have less than 50 people.  If you have more than a hundred, Grace restaurant in Ddowntown Portland looks gorgeous, but I didn't look into it more than that because it was too big for us.  There are other places too, but these are the best I saw in exstensive research and trying to keep it at 30-45 per person.  
    If you're really looking to save money and have a fun wedding, how about a lobsterbake or barbeque at wolf's neck state park? We were really considering it because it has everything you need...tables, electricity, water, bathrooms...but FI wanted it to be more formal.  
  • eshevenelleshevenell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Portland.  We're having the ceremony at the Wilde Memorial Chapel, and the reception at the Regency Hotel in the Old Port.  I just love it there.  The Regency was surprisingly affordable.  They don't charge you for the space if you meet the room minimum (which is a quantity of people), and they have varying room sizes.  Their facility is classic, pretty, old, and formal (which my fiance wanted).  Also, they have been a breeze to work with.  Great people.  I just love the Old Port, and I'm excited to be married there!
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding ceremony is going to be at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception on Forest Avenue in Portland. I'm obsessed with the city (not portland so much as NYC which is where my fiance proposed) but I love Maine and our families are here. I'd really like a place with a view of the skyline in Portland or to play up the city feeling. I thought Art Museum or Port City Music Hall but the art museum is too small and Port City Music Hall isn't good at returning emails!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards