Maine

What are you doing to get yourself ready?

Seeing everyone's wedding dates on the horizon made me wonder what you ladies are doing to get ready in the months before.  New skincare stuff?  Fitness? 

My main goals:

1. Get in better shape.  I was in a car accident in Sept, so I wasn't working out for a while and am trying to get back into it.  I've been doing random workout videos that are on Netflix, but I hope to get back to running soon. 

2. Get used to wearing my super thick curly hair down, or mostly down, because I want to wear it down for the wedding.  I got some new curl conditioner to try to keep things under control and experiment with styling it. 

3. Get more comfortable with a little makeup.  I hardly ever wear any, so I want to know what I like and what I don't like, since I'll wear some for the wedding but want it to look natural.  I have all these samples from past Sephora orders, and I've been trying tinted moisturizers instead of my normal one.  I've also been using a Clarisonic nightly to get my skin in better shape. 

Re: What are you doing to get yourself ready?

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been taking Biotin for about a month now...my hair definitely feels a lot healthier.

My new eating habits start Monday.  Exercising is currently out of the question until I figure out what's wrong with my back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Good timing because I bought a Clarisonic today! It was extremely pricey but I'm hoping this gets my skin in good condition over the next few months. I stopped into Sephora over lunchtime.

2.  I plan on scheduling a Keratin treatment to tame my frizzy hair.

3.  Diet & Exercise - I suck at this but it should be on my list anyways.

4. ETA: Posture! I keep forgetting, I'm trying to improve my posture. I am a terrible slouch.
  • edited December 2011
    What I'm working on...
    1.  Eating healthy to maintain the weight I have lost... Started doing Zumba 2 nights a week to add some exercise.

2.  Started taking vitamins, hoping it will help my hair/skin condition.  I've been growing my hair out since I got engaged, and I'm hoping for another 2 inches before the big day!

3.  Got my eyebrows waxed for the first time, and have been keeping up on it (hopefully it will hurt less the more I go, lol)

4.  Started using Bare Minerals make-up after my hair/makeup trial.  Makes my skin feel so good, and gives a nice, healthy glow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    dmcphee--thanks for the reminder to take my vitamin!

amshaw--being able to go to Sephora on my lunch break would be dangerous for me.  I spend way too much there for someone who wears as little make up as I do.  I got the Clarisonic Mia from Amazon with some holiday money in December.  Which one did you get?

hcorrigan--I hope you figure out your back soon, that's no fun.  My back is my lingering issue from the car accident, but physical therapy helped me a lot, and now I can do yoga and pilates videos.  
  • edited December 2011
    Let's see...I've got quite the list I think:

1.  Exercise.  I have been a regular at the gym since I got engaged and have worked up to 5 classes a week.  I've only lost 10 pounds, but I've shrunk and I have some muscles and a better shape because of it.  I love the energy and will keep up the exercise afterwards.  

2.  Growing out my hair.  It was short (just below my ears) and now it's past my shoulders.  I can't stand it - haha - but I am only getting trims until after the big day.  I also bought hair pieces to add to my hair since it's very fine.

3.  Laser hair removal.  This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, and have used the wedding as an excuse.  I am doing my bikini and underarms.  And it hurts like a mo-fo.

4.  Clarasonic.  Wish I was a more dedicated user, but I do like it.

5.  Latisse.  This stuff ROCKS.  Probably the best investment I've made so far.  My lashes were always just so-so and I was jealous of people with gorgous lashes.  Now, I have them too.  Seriously this stuff made a huge difference.

6.  Retin A.  I've kicked up my skincare routine since I do get acne sometimes.  This has helped tremendously.

7.  Pre-Natal Vitamins.  This is mostly because we are going to start trying for a baby on our honeymoon, but it's still part of my pre-wedding routine.

I am also going to get a couple of facials, and will do some tanning as I get closer.  Nothing over the top - just enough to give me a bit of color.  I am also hoping to somehow wire my mouth shut so I can lose a little bit of weight.  15-20 pounds would be enough.  I can't seem to get motivated on that end though.  Ugh!  

So yes, as you can see, I am totally keeping my local beauty peeps in business.  
    Married 9.4.11
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_doing-yourself-ready?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:a3cb48ab-4f44-4456-b60d-7c8335368bb7Post:3bd0a9f2-1d2c-4f29-a4d8-174ae74be083">Re: What are you doing to get yourself ready?</a>:
    [QUOTE]dmcphee--thanks for the reminder to take my vitamin! <strong>amshaw--being able to go to Sephora on my lunch break would be dangerous for me.  I spend way too much there for someone who wears as little make up as I do.  I got the Clarisonic Mia from Amazon with some holiday money in December.  Which one did you get?</strong> hcorrigan--I hope you figure out your back soon, that's no fun.  My back is my lingering issue from the car accident, but physical therapy helped me a lot, and now I can do yoga and pilates videos.  
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

Yeah i spend WAYYYYY too much money there!! For some reason, if I would be hesitant to spend 50$ on a shirt or housewares or something at Macys but I have no problem walking into Sephora and spending $150 on this or $40 on a small tube of foundation without even a second thought.  I got the Mia, do you use it twice a day?  I see some people have trouble with twice a day.  I think if i should only use it once a day I'll do it in the a.m. so i have a nice clean face for my makeup to lay nicely.  Anyways, I could talk about Sephora all day.....
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_doing-yourself-ready?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:a3cb48ab-4f44-4456-b60d-7c8335368bb7Post:486e743c-ea86-40c8-989a-3dda05448e28">Re: What are you doing to get yourself ready?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you doing to get yourself ready? : Yeah i spend WAYYYYY too much money there!! For some reason, if I would be hesitant to spend 50$ on a shirt or housewares or something at Macys but I have no problem walking into Sephora and spending $150 on this or $40 on a small tube of foundation without even a second thought.  I got the Mia, do you use it twice a day?  I see some people have trouble with twice a day.  I think if i should only use it once a day I'll do it in the a.m. so i have a nice clean face for my makeup to lay nicely.  Anyways, I could talk about Sephora all day.....
    Posted by amshaw1[/QUOTE]

I only use it once a day, at night.  I use it in the shower, so I don't have to worry about making a mess.  I like using it to get dirt from the day and make up off.  I might try using it twice a day, because I haven't found it to be drying or irritating. 
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Started a cleanse program this week to get myself healthier from the inside out and will hope to lose a few pounds to get me motivated to lose more.
    2.  Exercising - the spring weather is really helping me get outside for my 3 mile walks.
    3.  I started using Bare Minerals also since that's what I'll be using for the wedding.
    4.  Otherwise I'm just trying to be good about skin care, gentle tanning this summer, defoliating, etc.  Gotta look as beautiful as possible!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards